Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

I have a new HPB450 radio but I am unable to get it to connect to my receiver.

Here's my setup:

RTK Mobile Base

Trimble TSCE controller (Survey Controller software)

Trimble 5700 receiver

Trimble HPB450 radio

When I try to connect the 5700 to the radio via the TSCE controller I get a message on the controller to disconnect the radio power, click OK, reconnect radio power, click OK, then it tries to connect and then fails - Unable to connect radio.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks.

Will

Ā 

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• GEO Ambassador

this came to my mail and i'm passing it on for this discussion:

Dear Will,

I have a GPS system dating back to 2005 and the right procedure is here for base/rover radio connection:

1.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Turn on everything including radio

2.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  When you are in the radio screen on your TSCE, press press connect.

3.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  You shall receive a message to disconnect power from radio, you tell your assistant to turn the power off the radio.

4.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  Once the radio is powered off, you shall receive a message to turn the power on. You THEN tell your assistant to power the radio on.

5.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  You will have a message stating that the radio is connecting.

REMEMBER THE TRICK IS TO HAVE THE RADIO POWERED ON BEFORE ACCESSING THE CONNECT RADIO MENU.

I learnt this all by myself and am glad to share it with you. You donā€™t have this problem with later versions of Trimble GPS though.

Rgds

Ā 

VishwajeetĀ  UJHOODHA

Sworn Land Surveyor

&

Real Estate Appraiser

Email: [email protected]

Ā 

MAURITIUS

Flacq United Estates Ltd., Union Flacq

Tel: + 230 416 5530 /Ā  Ā Fax: + 230 416 5046 /Ā  Ā Cell: + 230 423 3395

SOUTH AFRICA

38 Bell Crescent, Westlake Business Park, Tokai, Cape Town, 7966

Tel: + 27 21 701 3227 /Ā  Ā Fax: + 27 21 701 3236

Ā 

BRN C06000716(fuel)

Ā 

• LSU Justin,

Ā 

hmmmmm.....

The past 2 times that we tried this I am pretty sure that the radio was on before accessing the connect radio menu. I will try again and we'll see.

Thanks.

Will

• Hello

I think that problem leis in frequency. So if frequency on your tsc and radio are diferent then you must set thise frequencies to be same. For that you must i think go to trimble service becuse software for that setup only haw distributers i think

I hope that tis was helpfull

Bojan

Ps

Sory for my bad english

• reads theĀ supportĀ of the manual,Ā itĀ may beĀ settings

Ā 

• done that already.

• GEO Ambassador

might consider reposting this in the Trimble Group Forum

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

šŸŒ Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives