What is FreeCOGO?
A free program for the graphical solution of Coordinate Geometry computations in surveying and civil enginering.
FreeCOGO was originally developed as software for surveying and civil engineering students in Victoria, Australia.
- Traverse import, misclose and adjustment
- Intersection of lines, arcs, angles and bearings
- Location of points on arcs and lines
- Data enquiries on lines and arcs
- On screen display of entity data, bearing, distance, radius, arc, chord
- Creation of lines and arcs as entities
- Calculation of running chainage from entities
- Create chained entities offset from existing entities
- Measurement of areas within closed figures
- Area seek using move point on line, on arc or parallel boundary
- Elevation by gradient, points and interpolation
- Import/export XYZ data from field files
- Create DXF file annotated with bearing and distance
- Generate data reports of point coords, lines , arcs and layers
- Generate data setouts from occupied points
- Data organised in layers
- Display options to select/display layers, points, elevations and entities
- Routines to translate, rotate, scale and copy data
- Print display to the default printer
- Extensive Help available in each routine dialogue box