Hi Guys,

Looking for some help to conduct a traverse using a Trimble 5600 Robotic.

If anyone has any experience using this machine and could spare a few minutes to give a step by step instruction I would be greatly appreciative. There is a traverse setting on the machine  but I cant find any help to go beyond this.

Thanks in advance

Carl

This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 913

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Download Survey Documents-Members Only
Was this resource helpful? Show your appreciation with a comment below. 

Donations are how we exist and grow for the surveying community worldwide.

☇ Reply to this

Replies to This Discussion

I owned and operated a robotic several years ago. After setting up and taking a back shot, all shots taken after that will be sideshows until you want to move the robotic up. Then that shot will be logged as a traverse shot. The instrument will automatically set that shot as the new position of the robotic and the old position will be the back shot position. Proceed to set robotic up on new position and take backlot on old position. Just follow this routine all through your traverse.

I think I finally started running everything as sideshots and set the numbers of my setups and back sights manually just as you would do when you arrived back in the morning to continue your traverse. This way I found that I could do a better job and take more sideshots even while walking back to the instrument to move it up to the new traverse point. You would have to keep up with your numbers for your traverse points and backlight points on paper and labeled on the ground using this method.

Hope this helps a little.

We own Geodimeter 5503 with Autolock and control it using TSC v12.46.

Recently I was also interested in calculating traverse on site, so I confirm, that what Eugene wrote is true (you can also find this in manual).

But we ran into problems, when doing integrated survey, i.e. also measuring with GPS to the same job.

CS in our country is TM with scale factor 0.9998 at the central meridian, and scale factor is being calculated at every station.

So we noticed, that Trimble software calculates traverse in wrong way, because it is applying scale factor twice to every measured distance, except distance being measured in the backsight procedure.

I noticed this after exporting job to Geodimeter RAW format, using GDM job format.

You should take care if you work in CS, that also uses scale factor and if your software is TSC  v12.46 or below (I don't know about bug in higher versions).

RSS

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Land Surveyors Forum

modern method of stereo model

Started by shree ram bhandari in Surveying Documents. Last reply by ⚡Survenator⌁ 13 hours ago. 1 Reply

Survey Abstract Coordinates

Started by John J Rodriquez in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by Donald E Robinson, PLS, CFS yesterday. 16 Replies

Control surveying problem

Started by shree ram bhandari in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Billy Brooks on Saturday. 11 Replies

Magnetic North Update

Started by Billy Brooks in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by Billy Brooks Feb 6. 2 Replies

AERIAL STEREOSCOPY

Started by Lalith Senanayake in Surveying Related Links. Last reply by shree ram bhandari Feb 12. 4 Replies

Job Quotation

Started by Nitesh Shrestha in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Nitesh Shrestha Jan 21. 3 Replies

Survey under tree canopy

Started by Massimo in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by Maurice Heter on Saturday. 7 Replies

Mean Sea Level (MSL)

Started by Chuck Turlington in Geospatial Industry Types. Last reply by Kim Noblitt Jan 17. 6 Replies

Surface pro

Started by Malik in Surveying Field Tips and Tricks. Last reply by Kevin D. Allen Jan 7. 5 Replies

ROOF PEAK SURVEY

Started by Mthulisi Mloyi in Professional Advice for New Surveyors. Last reply by ⚡Survenator⌁ Jan 4. 2 Replies

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF SKIP FARROW (1953-2015)

Help With Survey Equipment

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Video Categories

Surveying Photo Categories

United States Hub Forums

International Surveyor Hub Forums

Resources for Company Owners

Land Surveyor Social Media

Surveyor Resources Collections

Getting Started & Newsletter

Featured Land Surveyor Hubs

Surveyor Birthdays