Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

GeoEducator

Nikon DTM-352

Colleagues

Few weeks ago I ask for help about the Nikon TS that I am currently using. To date, I haven't received any comment so I decided to try again. Here is the problem with my Nikon TS.

at the moment I can only measure distances up to 200 metres. Beyond 200 m the signal indicator blinks to say that there is no reflected signal.

Is there anything I can do before sending the instrument across 3000 kms to be repaired. I am working in Fiji and Nikon support says that the nearest qualified Nikon technician is in Australia.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated

Sam

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• GeoEducator

Thank you for the manuals and directing me to the right people and the right place to go.

SurveyEarthinaDay said:

I have dug up and attached the Nikon DTM 302/352 manuals and specs for you, just in case you didn't have them. Ā There is one gentleman on the network named Stan DenisonĀ that you may want to track down and ask him specifically. He is by far the mostĀ knowledgeable equipmentĀ technicianĀ Ā I've ever encountered.

aside from that, in the future I recommend posting the discussion inside the relevant equipment groupĀ on the site..in this case, the Nikon group. Ā That will get you targeted feedback from members who use the same equipment.

• GeoEducator

Thanks Dave. I have set the instrument to both, prism and sheet, modes but thank anyway for your concern. I believe it is an EDM problem. The instrument is working fine with angles and can measure distances up to 200 metres. Beyond 200 m, the indicator shows the there is no returning signals. Thank you

Dave Tlusty said:

I'm not sure if there are different measuring modes (for like the prism and sheet targets) but it might be in a wrong measuring mode.Ā  Press and hold the MEAS1 button until a menu appears.Ā  The first line of that menu should say "prism".Ā  If it doesn't.Ā  use the arrow keys to change it.Ā  If it does say "prism", I don't know what the problem is.Ā Ā  Good Luck.

• I'm not sure if there are different measuring modes (for like the prism and sheet targets) but it might be in a wrong measuring mode.Ā  Press and hold the MEAS1 button until a menu appears.Ā  The first line of that menu should say "prism".Ā  If it doesn't.Ā  use the arrow keys to change it.Ā  If it does say "prism", I don't know what the problem is.Ā Ā  Good Luck.

• Land Surveyor

I have dug up and attached the Nikon DTM 302/352 manuals and specs for you, just in case you didn't have them. Ā There is one gentleman on the network named Stan DenisonĀ that you may want to track down and ask him specifically. He is by far the mostĀ knowledgeable equipmentĀ technicianĀ Ā I've ever encountered.

aside from that, in the future I recommend posting the discussion inside the relevant equipment groupĀ on the site..in this case, the Nikon group. Ā That will get you targeted feedback from members who use the same equipment.

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

šŸŒ Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives