Some of you have asked how to quickly upload or embed videos to Land Surveyors United in a simple way. Here is a quick tutorial on how to add surveying videos to the network.
How To Find and Upload Surveying Videos in Less than 1 Minute
I'd be willing to bet that 99.9% of LSU members occasionally surf Youtube, Hulu, DailyMotion or other video services looking for land surveying videos. All you have to do is go to the Video Embed page and copy/paste the embed code into LSU! Its that simple. Personally, I think Videosurf and Truveo make this terrifically simple because they search all of those video sites at the same time. Did you know that every video that you watch online has an embed code? Simply copy any video's embed code and upload them to Land Surveyors United in less than 1 minute. The most interesting videos get watched the most so find something interesting and share it with your colleagues on LSU! This is a fast and simple way to gain more exposure for your company in search engines as well.
- Go to the Videos section.
- Click the icon in the middle of the screen "Click to Add Videos".
- In the browse window, find the video you would like to upload and click "Select". If you would like to upload more than one video, click the "Add More" link.
- When you've finished adding videos to the upload list, click the "Upload" button.
- After uploading has finished, you will be taken to a page where you can add a title, description and tags to your video(s).
- Once you're finished, click "Save".
You can add up to 30 videos at a time, and each video may be up to 100MB in size. LSU supports videos in the .mov, .mp4, .mpg, .avi, .wmv, .3gp, and .3g2 file formats. You can also try the simple uploader.
NOTE: In the same way that you can add photos to the network via email or cell phone, you can do the same thing with your surveying videos from the field. Simply find your special email address in the back-end of your profile and send the video with that method.
Look For Your Contributions in Top Surveying Videos for the Month!
How do the top videos get chosen? You do the choosing. When you see a video online, embed it into LSU and share it on the network. Most times, LSU will automatically pull in the title and description as well....just add subject tags and you're done! When you see one another member uploaded that you like, give it a star rating or share it! Videos with the most activity get placed in this leaderboard.