Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

Land Surveyor

One of my CHC X900 receivers suddenly stopped tracking satellites. I tried formatting the memory all to no no avail. Ā  I have also tried resetting the main board, however, after sending command "reset' on the command dialog box I didn't notice any response from the command and on taking the receiver outside it still was not tracking satellites.Ā  Attached is a picture of the last step during the main board resetting.

Can anyone please help me on this.

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Land Surveyor

Hello all...thank you all for your concern and efforts towards solving the issue on my CHC X900 receiver.

I am happy to announce to you all that i have been able to solve the problem.

All i needed to do was to connect the receiver with the PDA via cable, put the receiver in RTK mode, then go to receiver settings and reset the receiver, and that is it. The receiver is working perfectly well now.

• Land Surveyor

Hi Collins,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I replied that email, please check the manual attached. If any question, please feel free to contact us by [email protected] Ā [email protected] Ā [email protected] Ā [email protected]

• Ā Try this dealer. He is one of the designers and gives 100% satisfied support. I do not think

there is anyone with more knowledge of these receivers. He is my dealer and has been extremely helpful and educational in all my discussions with him.

Mark Silver KD7NKY
      Ā  iGage Mapping Corporation
      Ā  1545 S 1100 E STE 1, Salt Lake City UT 84105

Ā  V +1-801-412-0011 x16Ā  F +1 801-412-0022Ā  C 801-824-3367Ā  skype ms.igage.com

Ā  [email protected]Ā  www.igage.comĀ  blog: http://ashgps.wordpress.comĀ  maillist at http://ashgps.com

• Actually, the CHC dealer I bought my BASE from didn't give me much help. It was a different dealer that helped the most & he really wasn't supposed to help me since I didn't buy it from him. Can you guess who I am going to deal with from now on? That sends up a red flag! They buy these things cheap from China but you can't boycott China because everything is made there. The bottom line is some dealers give good support & some buy cheap & sell cheap & support is your problem. The time spent researching a dealer's or companies support policies & track record is time well spent. That is part of what you pay for & something I will never neglect again. The cheapest price is not always the best deal. Does anybody know how to find a CHC repair facility? It is probably somewhere on a computer file with the warranty, if it has one, but I don't recall seeing it. The equipment dealer I use is great but I am not so sure about the CHC distributor.
    • Vendor

I asked Truman (North American Support Manager who is traveling this week) to reply to this thread. Otherwise you can email him directly atĀ [email protected]. The main [email protected] email address goes to our China office which just got back from a 5 day national holiday and company offsite.

Please email me off thread on your dealer experiences as our goal is to have only the best dealers in the industry: Lance_Andre at CHCnav.com

If the unit does require service (not common at all) our Service Center is in Dubuque Iowa.

CHCNAV - Make your work more efficient
      CHCNAV - Make your work more efficient
  • Vendor

I forwarded the link to this question to [email protected]. The main thing that i can add is:

Did you set the receiver to "pass through mode" prior to issuing the Novatel Reset command?Ā 

• Land Surveyor

I also wrote to [email protected] unfortunately they are yet to reply to my mail.

Yes i did setĀ  the receiver to "pass through mode" before sending the "reset" command.

• You probably already know more about your receiver than I do. Mine is a slightly different unit but I think essentially the same. Mine is supposed to start tracking satellites automatically (assuming it is the same model the manual describes, which I have some doubts about). Sometimes I have to restart it several times before it starts tracking. Have you tried contacting your dealer? The only difficulty I had with mine was initial set-up but the CHC dealers seem to be very responsive & ready to help with any problems. Sounds like yours might need to go to the shop. Is it under warranty.
    • Land Surveyor

Mine used to start tracking satellites automatically but it suddenly stopped.Ā  And I have tried restarting severally all to no avail. I contacted my dealer and the manual that was sent to me did not solve the problem. I have three of these rovers and two is working perfectly well. Mine is not under any warranty.....Thanks for your response

• Survey Legend

Check out this manual, which may explain...

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

šŸŒ Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives