For years, there has been a lot of talk about 2 looming problems in the surveying profession; Age Gap and Knowledge Gap
What is being done about it?
Although these are monumentally important discussion topics, we need to do something about it rather than just talking about it. We must inspire new surveyors to enter the field. We can do this by openly sharing experiences and telling a new generation about the excitement that can be found in surveying. In just 3 weeks we will all have that opportunity during International Surveyors Week (June 17th-24th), but we can start today! Everyone reading this message has the unique ability to inspire the next generation no matter where you live in the world.
Begin by starting a new discussion inside your Local Group Forum - every group has a dedicated forum. Consider the following talking points as examples for short posts you can easily make in less than 10 minutes!:
- Introduce yourself and tell us why you decided to become a land surveyor
- Tell us about local organizations and resources for surveyors where you live
- What did you do before land surveying and why did you switch?
- What is the most exciting part of your job as a surveyor where you live?
- What kind of opportunities for advancement have you experienced?
- What does it take to become a land surveyor where you live?
- Tell us about the surveying industry in your area and how to become licensed
- Share photos and videos of your field work....
Sharing a post to your local group hub will get your profile featured!
Becoming a SURVambassador can make you a moderator for your local group!
SURVambassadors recieve their early invite to the new Land Surveyors United community!
During International Surveyors Week, we will be sharing your posts and compiling them into a unique global newspaper for surveyors that will be published after Survey Earth in a Day 7. Help the industry EXPLODE with Connectivity! Every location has a special day during #ISW18
For those looking for surveying jobs or opportunities in land surveying, our International Surveying Jobs Board currently has over 6000 available jobs! Find a post jobs for zero cost!
Together, we can improve the Age Gap and the Knowledge Gap currently haunting surveying. Let's do something about it! With close to 14,000 surveyors in the Land Surveyors United community we can rise a tide which lifts all boats! If you have an idea in mind about how we can better tackle these issues, we would love to put your idea to work on behalf of everyone involved.
I am always here when you need me.
Best Regards and Looking forward to reading your Inspirational posts!
Send me a message with any questions you might have!