Hi all,

I am currently on a archeological surveying excursion in the UAE. One of my Promark3 Coax external antenna cable (702058) isn't working any more, the other one connects the GPS devices and the antennas without any problems. The local supplier of ashtech products told me it would take two weeks to get a replacement, thats of course to long. Has anyone discovered this problem before? Or has anyone an idea how I can repair or improvise?

The cable itself shows no visible damages. The cable seems not broken, the fittings seems ok.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Felix

This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 2214

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Download Survey Documents-Members Only
Was this resource helpful? Show your appreciation with a comment below. 

Donations are how we exist and grow for the surveying community worldwide.

☇ Reply to this

Replies to This Discussion

i'll look into this a bit more when i get home, but you might like to run a search for the Promark3 on the network and connect with other surveyors who use this instrument daily...someone is bound to sort this issue out for you..good luck...i'll try to be back to this asap..

Hello. That should be a cable problem because if the other cable works fine must be a problem in the cable. Try, when the cable is connected, to move a little bit the connectors to see if that can be a bad contact and try to see where the problem is. The cable can be very good outside, but if inside has someting broken it wont work.

Thanks for the fast replies. I removed the slipcovers from the connectors - looks also fine to me. I put some contact spray on them and will test again - I'll keep you posted.
:( it didn't work

Hi Michael,

thanks for looking for the cable. Yes it is the one I need. I tried everything to get one here, but the local distributers told me it would take them at least 2 weeks to get one here. In the meantime I could borrow another system, even though I don't like to mix data of different systems. In a few days I'll be on my way to Tanzania, where a colleague of mine promised me to bring a cable he just organized today in Germany.

Thanks  - also to the others who replied on my post!

Hello Guy,

One day I was working and atenna cable stopped working. It was loose inside the protective 

plastic. You can look at this. See the photos!

Hi Savio,

yeah I had removed the protection completely - and I have done it again after your post. The connectors seems ok to me, I adjusted them a little bit and put it all together again - but still nothing.

Thanks for your post and the pics, I appreciate it really.

Felix

Hi Felix,

We are cables manufacturer for GPS devices. May I help you, Or is your problem already solved ?

I can send one today from France. Is it useful ?

Hi Arnaud,

thanks for replying. This offer would have been great a week ago, but our stay in the UAE is finished tomorrow and my colleague organized another cable already yesterday in Germany and will bring it to the next survey.

Next time something is wrong with a cable I will send a message directly to you.

Thanks,

Felix

Hi Felix,

Sorry to be late. I just found your message on monday. As I was not yet a member of this forum I was not able to answer.

If you have any need for help or cables, do not hesitate to contact me on [email protected]

Arnaud

Hi Felix,

I am glad the issue is solved already, and i am sure you could get a new cable from us earlier then 2 weeks, contact me next time you need one or any other piece of surveying equipment, i'd be happy to assist "QUICKLY"... :)

RSS

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Land Surveyors Forum

Promark3 rtk

Started by Joseph Mugo in Surveying Field Tips and Tricks. Last reply by Mark Siegenthaler yesterday. 2 Replies

modern method of stereo model

Started by shree ram bhandari in Surveying Documents. Last reply by ⚡Survenator⌁ on Thursday. 1 Reply

Survey Abstract Coordinates

Started by John J Rodriquez in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by James Barnett yesterday. 17 Replies

Control surveying problem

Started by shree ram bhandari in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Billy Brooks Feb 16. 11 Replies

Magnetic North Update

Started by Billy Brooks in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by Billy Brooks Feb 6. 2 Replies

AERIAL STEREOSCOPY

Started by Lalith Senanayake in Surveying Related Links. Last reply by shree ram bhandari Feb 12. 4 Replies

Job Quotation

Started by Nitesh Shrestha in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Nitesh Shrestha Jan 21. 3 Replies

Mean Sea Level (MSL)

Started by Chuck Turlington in Geospatial Industry Types. Last reply by Kim Noblitt Jan 17. 6 Replies

Surface pro

Started by Malik in Surveying Field Tips and Tricks. Last reply by Kevin D. Allen Jan 7. 5 Replies

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF SKIP FARROW (1953-2015)

Help With Survey Equipment

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Video Categories

Surveying Photo Categories

United States Hub Forums

International Surveyor Hub Forums

Resources for Company Owners

Land Surveyor Social Media

Surveyor Resources Collections

Getting Started & Newsletter

Featured Land Surveyor Hubs

Surveyor Birthdays