Polosoft technologies, a growing company in the field of GIS web and mobile application development with a highly experienced team. Recently, we have developed an android survey application (GIS Surveyor) for surveyors and GIS professionals.
The application will be most useful with lots of features for land surveying, agricultural, farming, forestry, timber inventories, site surveying, environmental systems, and highway road surveying.
Top 5 Benefits of the GIS surveyor application:
- Possibility to view multiple layers including points, lines and polygons at the same time.
- Possibility to group data into survey layers - each survey layer may have a default set of attributes.
- Four methods of data collection are supported, GPS/GNSS location, map cursor location, GIS Tracker, point projection using angle and distance.
- Direct export to Dropbox, Google Drive at anywhere location.
- Import point, line and polygon features into layer from CSV, KML or GeoJSON file.
Download Required on Android OS 4.4 and up.
We will be adding more technical features in the application in the coming few days. Go through this Playstore link to download the GIS Surveyor application.
We could really benefit from your help. As our community continues to grow at a rapid rate (currently over 15,600 members globally) and we discuss all kinds of topics related to land surveying, we are starting to need some help with moderation in the location based group forums. While Land Surveyors United forums want to encourage free speech and thought provoking ideas, occasionally abusive people can interrupt our conversations with unnecessary language, bitterness or personal vendettas. Land Surveyors United is seeking out several great moderators. These moderators should be active members of the forums who can view topics and discussion from an unbiased perspective.
The most important part of being a group moderator is to build a small community within your group which keeps everyone in your locality up to speed on Surveying laws, protect others from cyber bullying and keep the conversation in action without unnecessary abuse or name calling. Although we have very little of this occurring on the network it is still good practice to have someone in place.
Moderation involves the following tasks and can be accomplished easily in your spare time:
- Reporting Surveying News for your area inside your group discussions
- Inviting your local surveyors to the group and building a micro-community
- Sharing useful links with your fellow surveyors in your area
- Adding local surveyor events and projects to your group
Things You Can Do To Your Group as Moderator
- Stream live Events using Video
- Add Pages with Resources, Links, Projects and Products
- Change the Icon and Background For Your Group
- Promote Companies and Associations Which Your Value Locally
- Be the first to know about new features coming to Land Surveyors United
- much much more...
Benefits Are Growing Daily! For starters you will have access to this exclusive group for Local Leaders of Surveying and you will get your own @landsurveyorsunited.org email address, 7GB of free space on Skydrive and have your name placed inside our Organization Structure . In the future we hope to award continuing education credits to Local Leaders in the network.
If you are already a real-life local leader for your area such as an Association President or Board Leader, please let us know so that we can promote your status through the group. If you have any questions, please send Justin a message. Thank you for your time and interest in helping to make Land Surveyors United even stronger!
Group forums are for in depth discussions about a particular surveying topic, type of equipment or geographical location. Search for and join group forums based on your location and topics which interest you and get quick feedback from your fellow members who share the same interests when you start a new discussion. Our general interest network forum can be found here.
Quickly Find a Surveying Support Group Based On Your Interests
Below you will find a quick way to navigate between Land Surveyors United Support Groups based on Location, Equipment Manufacturer or by Theme and/or Topic:
Surveyor Groups Based on Location
Groups Based on Equipment Manufacturer
- Join Social Support Groups by Manufacturer
- Sokkia Support
- Trimble Support
- Topcon Support
- Navcom Support
- Altus Positioning
- Ashtech Magellan
- Nikon Support
- Juniper Systems Support
- Microsurvey Support
- Handheld Support
- Traverse PC Support
- Magellan Support
- Spectra Precision Support
- TDS Support
- Carlson Support
Surveyor Groups Based on Theme [
- Join Groups Based on Discussion Type or Theme
- Job Search Group
- Unemployed Surveyors
- Resume Review
- Surveyors Online Toolbox
- Student Surveyors
- City Surveyors
- Government Surveyors
- GIS and Surveying
- Mobile Phones Support
- Endangered Art of Chaining
- LSU Field Support Group
- Robotics For Land Surveyors
- KML for Surveyors
- Machine Control for Land Surveyors
- Surveying How To
- LSI or FSI Study Materials
- Party Chiefs
- Raw Data
- Seismic Surveyors
- Surveyors Connect
- Construction Surveying
- 3D Scanner Support
- One Man Show
- Public Works Group
- PHD Resources Group
- Product Reviews
- HP48 Calculators
- Computer Help for Surveyors
- Formulas that Work
- Female Land Surveyors
- Law Enforcement
- Aerial Photogrammetry
- Law for Surveyors
- Creative Construction
- Out of Plumb Fans
- History of Surveying
- Cartography and Mapping
- Odd or Funny Surveying Stories
For a more in depth look at what we are hoping to accomplish with Groups, take a look at this page which explains the idea behind using groups for category focus in our community.
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.