Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

Land Surveyor
Hello, I use a promark 500 gnss/gps for alot of my work. And I had to collect some static data with it the other day, so collecting the data was pretty easy.But once I returned to the office and I downloaded the data from the receiver I very quickly figured out that I don't have a program that will read the file format for the receiver. I have been trying to figure out another program for the last couple of days but I cannot find one that works.So can someone please help me find a program that will work? The file from the receiver are a ".293" format.Thanks,

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you have a fellow surveyor with a copy of the Ashtekc/Magellan post processing software it is a simple process.

I use Carlson GNSS Survey and it claims to handle the RAW Ashtec formats...send the data ([email protected]) and I will see if I can help?

• Land Surveyor
      I got a free trial of Carlson gnss but couldn't figure it out. I'll try again.
  • Land Surveyor
    Can you show us a snippet of the data? It's likely a binary file. Some files like this have allowed me to manually change the file extension and import it. I use Leica Geo Office and usually can import anything thrown at me.
  • Catlon,

The ".293" denotes that it was collected on the 293rd day of the year.Β  GNSS Solutions software can read and adjust the data.Β  It is free for L1 data but the L1/L2 data software needs to be purchased.

Hope this helps,

James

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

Add Your Expertise

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Global Forums

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives