We are an expanding Land and Measured Building Surveying company based in South Yorkshire and are looking to appoint a full time experienced Land & Measured Building Surveyor.
The role involves visiting various sites and properties throughout Yorkshire and the UK to carry out topographic and measured building surveys (Floor Plans, Elevations, sections etc.), downloading, initial checking and final transmitting of field data to office for subsequent Cad processing will be required.
You should hold a full UK driving licence,Ideally have your own vehicle (mileage allowance given) and will need to be able to travel around various locations in all weathers within the UK, setting up and utilising a Total Station and GPS surveying equipment to carry out the surveys.
• Have a land survey,mapping, construction or related qualification at HNC, HND or Degree Level. Consideration would be given to candidates without the above qualifications subject to combination of experience and other academic qualifications held.
• Good mathematical skills and understanding of error mitigation in Land and Measured Building surveys.
• Good communication skills and understanding of land surveying and building terminology.
• Good attention to detail, ability to understand and carry out surveys in accordance with the survey brief and office instructions.
• Good understanding with experience of carrying out a variety of Topographical and Measured Building Surveys, related site work, methodology and field procedures.
• Be able to carry out work safely, alone and unsupervised, as well as being able to work as part of a team.
• Be experienced in the use one man/robotic total station combined with RTK GNSS equipment and other survey instrumentation. Preferably Trimble S6 Robotic Integrated surveying, running Survey Controller, Trimble R8 VRS RTK GNSS. Training would be given to candidates having experience with other manufacturers equipment. Consideration would still be given to candidates having no experience of robotic/one man working.
• Experience using Sitemaster building surveying software desirable. As a minimum you should have experience carrying out manual measured building surveys using hand sketches, Leica disto and other measurement tools in combination with total station measurements to achieve accurate and full survey records, for subsequent use in production of 2d and 3d CAD survey drawings.
• Knowledge and experience of downloading survey data from instruments to survey data processing software is essential, ideally into LSS, checking and where necessary correcting data prior to handing over for final processing in LSS and Cad Software. Software specific training will be given to the successful applicant where they have experience of similar software.
• Have good general computer literacy and soft skills with working knowledge of word processing and other mainstream desktop applications.
• Be committed to delivering projects on time and within budget
• Have a willingness to work hard, and in all safe weather conditions
• Be willing to travel and work throughout the UK with occasional nights away.
• Be keen to learn new skills
Other Desirable Skills/Qualifications
• Prepare final Issue land survey, volume survey, contour plans etc. drawings and reports in LSS software.
• Prepare measured building survey drawings using AutoCAD for final Issue.
• Experienced in setting out works, I.e. Roads and Buildings
• CSCS surveyors Card
£18'000 to £24'000 per annum, dependant on qualifications and experience. Please indicate your anticipated salary requirement with your application. Bonus may be paid subject exceeding monthly targets, calculated on a cumulative basis.
Full time. 9am – 5pm on site/office hours, start and finish time may vary in winter subject to daylight hours.
We understand the importance of achieving a good work life balance and willing to offer some flexibility on working days for the right candidate. Flexible working negotiable I.e swapping week days for weekends, working a 4 day week.
28 days per annum. Calculated Pro-rata for flexible working. Bank Holidays will be included as part of your annual leave.