Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

i want to plot my topographic results in autocad 2011. but im only a beginner in autocad. please help.. any advice would be much appreciated

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 1201252414?profile=original?width=721Hello Jetro,

Somewhere down the line you may want to create a template dwg that processes your field codes into line work. This book is a good resource....I've set up several templates for different companies and can be of assistance. Good luck!

Paul

• Hello Jetro,

I hope I can be of some assistance.

When you save your data I would advise that you save it as a .txt file in a place you can find.

In Autocad go to the insert tab.

From the left of the page go to the third column and click "Points from File".

On the import points screen hit the plus sign (+).

Find your file and open it.

Under specify point file format scroll down to PNEZD (comma delimited) and click it.

In the preview be sure the values match up(Point#, Northing, Easting, Elevation).

Click OK.

Then in the command type ZE for zoom extend

All of your points that you collected should be there.

If you need more help feel free to ask and I will reply as soon as I can. Have a good week and always be safe and professional!

• What form is your data in?

Is it traverse shots, grid or a table of co-ordinates?

• It is a table of co-ordinates sir,Ā 

• I was hoping some user of Autocad would reply with a simple answer..

More information:-

What is the format of the co-ordinate table?

1. North, East, Elev.

2. East, North, Elev.

3. Point No., North, East, Elev.

4. Point No., East, North, Elev.

**Is there a column with a description (or feature code) following the elevation?**

**Are the values separated by commas (as above), spaces or tabs?**

I can give an answer that involves importing the co-ords into FreeCOGO then exporting to AutoCAD as a DXF file.

If this is suitable:-

Download the required version of FreeCOGO here:-

FreeCOGO

(Whole circle, clockwise bearings from north and eastings before northings)

or

FreeCOGO Quadrant

(Quadrant bearings [N25Ā°15'W] and northings before eastings.

This will only import the points into AutoCAD.

If you want to contour the result you will need some software plugin.

Barry Graham

Melbourne, Australia

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

šŸŒ Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives