PROCEDURES FOR SETTING UP A WILD T-16 THEODOLITE
other two legs, sight through the Optical Plummet and move cross hairs over point.
2. Loosening the locking screw under Tripod, sight through the Optical Plummet and moving
cross hairs directly over the point, tighten locking screw.” i
3. Level the Bullseye Bubble by moving Tripod legs up and down.
4. Reset instrument over point (Step 2) if necessary.
5. Level instrument using Leveling Screws and Level Vial. Place Level Vial parallel to two of
the three Leveling Screws and level instrument by turning screws in opposite directions
simultaneously. Rotate instrument 90° (or perpendicular to the two leveling screws) and level
instrument using third Leveling Screw only. Repeat as necessary until instrument is level.
6. Reset instrument over point (Step 2) if necessary.
7. Zero the instrument by sighting through the Reading Microscope, rotate the instrument with
the Toggle up until 0° shows on the yellow AZ scale. Lock the Horizontal Motion Lock and
fine tune with the Horizontal Motion Screw until the 0° mark lines up with the 0 on the lower
portion of the yellow AZ scale (arrow pointing to the right). Flip Toggle down.
8. BACKSIGHTINGZ With the Toggle down. Sight the backsight target by releasing the
Horizontal Motion Lock, turn the instrument, place the cross hairs on the target, lock the
Horizontal Motion Lock and fine tune using the Horizontal Motion Screw.
9. TURNING A HORIZONTAL ANGLE RIGHT: Flip Toggle up. Release the Horizontal Motion
Lock, turn the instrument to the foresight target, lock the Horizontal Motion Lock and fine
tune the cross hairs onto the target with the Horizontal Motion Screw.
10. Sight through the Reading Microscope. Read the Degrees, minutes and seconds on the
lower scale of the yellow AZ scale corresponding to the black line.