- Master of Civil Engineering, Auburn University, June 1991
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering, Auburn University, August 1987
- Professional Land Surveyor, AL, June 16, 1989 (PLS 17262)
- Professional Engineer, AL, February 4, 1992 (PE 17262)
- Professional Engineer, GA, Feb. 17, 2011 (PE 35820), Inactive
- Certified Floodplain Manager, Inactive
- Real Estate Salesperson, Alabama, Inactive
- Septic System Installer, Level 1, Inactive
- Alabama Society of Professional Land Surveyors, Member
- National Society of Professional Surveyors, NSPS, Member
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Institute of Transportation Engineers
- Alabama Association of Floodplain Managers
- Past Treasurer/Board Member, Auburn Christian Foundation
Manager/Member, 6/1989 to 8/2014, and 4/2015 to Present, Pro17 Engineering, LLC - Administrative and technical oversight of all aspects of a professional services civil engineering and land surveying business. Assist clients with municipal planning and entitlement approval for various project types including subdivision, commercial, and multi-family residential site development, and with planning and design of sanitary sewer and water utilities. Oversee all land surveying work types including boundary, topographic, aerial mapping control, utility mapping/inventory, construction staking, and flood zone hazard area surveys. Engineering design work also includes design of individual and multi-unit decentralized wastewater treatment systems as well as design and compliance inspection of erosion and sediment control works. I also provide fact and expert witness testimony on numerous engineering & land surveying subject areas.
SEO/Manager, 2010 to Present, AuburnBusiness.com & JBirds.co, co-own & co-manage this online marketing company which specializes in ranking local businesses on the front page of Google using white-hat SEO methods. Focused on helping other professionals (surveyors, engineers, attorneys, architects, etc.)
- Survey Manager, 2011-2014 part-time, G-Squared, office manager for Alabama office and licensed land surveying manager for this aerial mapping company.
- Owner, 1999-2005, Auburn Business Computing, owned this retail computer repair and networking business.
- Owner, 1 year, Auburn Septic, owned this septic system installation business.
- Owner, 2006-2009, Affiniti Homes, partner in homebuilding business.
- Adjunct Instructor, 10 years part-time, Auburn University Civil Engineering & Building Science Departments, taught Intro to Surveying, Advanced Surveying, Computer Aided Roadway Design, and Construction Surveying courses.
North Dakota Operations Leader, 8 months, 2014-2015, Westwood Professional Services, Dickinson, ND – I established the first permanent office for Westwood in North Dakota, which included business development, and recruiting & hiring employees.
- Adjunct Instructor, 1 semester, St. Cloud State University Civil Engineering Department, taught Geodetic & Control Surveying course.
CADD Support Engineer, July 1988 – Dec. 1992, Alabama Highway Department (now D.O.T.), Montgomery. Managed the Computer Aided Drafting & Design (CADD) support and technical training for the Design Bureau, other bureaus, all Division offices and counties.
Graduate Research Assistant, August 1987 - July 1988, Civil Engineering Department, Auburn University. Coordinated research on software evaluation project and taught the Land Surveying lab.
Prof. Civil Engineer Trainee, Dec. 1984 - June 1986, Alabama Highway Department - Co-Op Program. Worked on all aspects of roadway & culvert construction during the construction of the northern bypass in Phenix City and the expansion of Hwy 280.
Grademan, May - August 1983, Brown Brothers Construction Co., Anniston, Alabama. Performed construction surveying work during construction of Hwy 202 from Anniston Army Depot to Snow Street in Anniston, AL.
Field Artillery Surveyor, 1980-83, U. S. Army, Fort Polk, LA and Bad Hersfeld, W. Germany. Served as a computer and instrument operator in the survey section attached to a howitzer battery. Also served as a guard and radio operator during rotations on the East/West Germany border.
Some jobs are not shown prior to Military Service for brevity only.
SEMINARS/SHORT COURSES TAUGHT:
- “Advanced Surveying” – University of North Alabama – Semester Length, I personally taught this course for the AL D.O.T. in Alex City and coordinated Basic & Advanced Surveying courses in the Montgomery & Troy, AL offices.
- “Roadway Design” – Auburn University – Week long short course for County Engineers on Intergraph’s InRoads software for roadway design.
- “Writing & Evaluation of Legal Descriptions” - Half-Moon Seminars – Short Course, Birmingham & Montgomery, AL.
- “ALTA/ACSM Surveys” - Half-Moon Seminars – Short Course, Birmingham, AL.
- “The Global Positioning System” - Transportation Conference – Seminar Presentation, Auburn University, AL.
- “Continuously Operated Reference Stations (CORS)” – Transportation Conference – Seminar Presentation, Auburn University, AL.
- “Erosion & Sediment Control” - Half-Moon Seminars – Short Course, Birmingham, AL, August 2009.
- “Determining Land Boundaries” - Half-Moon Seminars – Short Course, Birmingham, AL, April, 2010
- “Land Surveying for Tax Mappers” – Alabama Association of Assessing Officials – Seminar, Orange Beach, AL, August 2011
- “Marketing Land Surveying Services Online” - SAMSOG Conference – Marietta, GA
- “Land Surveying Topics for Title Professionals” – ND Guaranty & Title Company, January 2015
- “Legal Descriptions, Title Insurance and Surveys in Real Estate Transactions” – National Business Institute (NBI) Seminars, December 2016
- “Be the Monarch of All You Survey: Get the Most Out of Land Surveyors” – American Bar Association, June 2018
- Alabama Governor's Commendation for Heroism
- Institute of Transportation Engineers Scholarship
- Alabama Water Works Association Scholarship
- Engineering Services Associates Scholarship
- Army Commendation Medal for Surveying Excellence
For a Complete List of Expert Witness Cases & Testimony Given, contact Keith directly.