Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

Follow Sokkia Support Hub

Sokkia Support Group is for discussions and tutorials related  to surveyors who use Sokkia in the field. 

If you are new to the Sokkia Support Group for Land Surveyors, please start by adding a discussion and introducing yourself to the community!
LSU is not directly affiliated with Sokkia and all logos and imagery are copyright of their respective owners.

124 Members
👉️Join this Hub

Allegro data collector with Sokkia GSR2600 and RadianIS

I am using Carlson Survey.  The two units are listed in the gps equipment list.  The data collector can not find the receiver.  I have checked cables, settings, default settings what is the problem.

I am using an HP IPAQ to do rtk work with these machines, no problem.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,

Doug

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Seeking Employment

Get rid of the HP IPAQ. Why6 are you using that when you have an allegro controller to work with???

• I second the check baud rate etc.
      When I have trouble sometimes a complete shutdown of Allegro and restart fixes all connections issue.

But Baud Rate must be correct. Mine are 9600

I know Carlson for some reason changes the radio Baud to 38400 and in my Sokkia 2650LB, PDL radio must be 9600, Com 1

Not sure what your setup is supposed to be though.

• The units use cables

• I'm just gonna add this though I'm sure you've done it already:

Be sure the connection type is set to "cable" and not Bluetooth etc.

• Make sure you have the same port and baud rate selected on both.

• Student Surveyor

Hi Doug, 

How the data collector should be connected with the receiver, cable, radio or wireless? 

• Doug,

It could be a bluetooth sync problem between two or more connections.  Try removing one of the devices to see if helps.  I generally run into this problem between my GPS unit and laser range finder while syncing to a tablet.

This reply was deleted.