Surveyors Online Toolbox will help you accomplish your online tasks with handy tools. In this group for conversion tools, sharing files and applications for the field.
Copan 09.11 brings users a professional yet easy-to-use geomatics engineering tool for computing and managing plane land survey coordinates. Designed for land surveyors, geodetic engineers, professionals and students,
- It does numerous coordinate geometry (COGO) calculations, processes and adjusts field survey data, computes and adjusts map traverse data, performs map checks, calculates areas and perimeters, performs coordinate transformations, and imports/exports Ascii files.
- Copan has a nifty COGO tool. Example shows results of offset bearing-bearing intersection.
- It supports quadrant and whole-circle bearings, south-based and north-based circle bearings, and gons (or grads) as well as degrees-minutes-seconds. It supports Geodimeter, Leica, Wild, Nikon and TDS total station formats.
- Also, its coordinate files may be accessed by UGL's version of Windows Free42, an HP-42S simulator program, or copied to a memory card and used directly by the Palm OS and Pocket PC versions of Copan.
The National Geodetic Survey (NGS) Geodetic Tool Kit is a unique NGS product in that
it represents a change in the way NGS does business with its customers. Historically
NGS has been a provider of geodetic data and software. Now, instead of users having
to download the software and run it on their local computer, users upload their data
(through Web-based forms) and run the programs on NGS computers with the Tool Kit.
This saves the user from downloading the software and all the associated files,
installing everything in the proper directory, and compiling the code if necessary.
- Digital Terrain Modelling for generating Contours from your survey points.
- 3D view lets you see your survey from any perspective.
- Features such as contours are updated automatically anytime the surface changes.
- View your data as points, triangles, filled triangles, contours, or any combination.
- Includes raining and ponding simulation.
- Overlay CAD image onto surface.
- Add Breaklines to surface just by clicking on points.
- Cut Sections through surface and export.
- Supports Load and Save of DXF, LandXML, and plain text survey point files.
- No installation, does not alter your CAD setup in any way.
- This used to be FREE, But i still thinks its worth $200!
- Try Before you buy!
Surveying Tools - Surveying Tools is built to eliminate the most common bottlenecks in BricsCad IntelliCAD and was born to fulfill the needs of the mapping, surveying, utilities, civil, GIS users of BricsCad IntelliCAD. Today, the program has grown beyond its initial domain and many of he tools are general purpose enough to be of interest to just any BricsCad IntelliCAD user. Surveying Tools implements coordinate geometry (COGO) commands in an easy-to-use interface.
Several Free and Inexpensive tools for Surveyors
Corpscon, Version 6.0, is a MS-Windows-based program which allows the user to convert coordinates between Geographic, State Plane, Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) and US National Grid systems on the North American Datum of 1927 (NAD 27), the North American Datum of 1983 (NAD 83) and High Accuracy Reference Networks (HARNs). Corpscon uses the National Geodetic Survey (NGS) program Nadcon to convert between NAD 27, NAD 83 and HARNs. Corpscon, Version 6.0, performs vertical conversions to and from the National Geodetic Vertical Datum of 1929 (NGVD 29) and the North American Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD 88). Vertical conversions are based on the NGS program Vertcon and can be performed for the continental U.S. only. Corpscon, Version 6.0, will also calculate geoid-ellipsoid separations based on the NGS program GeoidXX (XX = 90, 93, 96, 99, and 03). Geoid-ellipsoid separations can be calculated for the Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico/U.S. Virgin Islands.
A must have for any coordinate conversion, I have personally used it for years