Don't worry, I wasn't taking the shot ;)

This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 205

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Communicate ⇣

Comments Empower Your Profession!   Please Sign in or register to continue.

Follow Land Surveyors United

Reply by Justin Heyser on July 6, 2011 at 1:01am

That's interesting, its a small world....I just got their from Southe Korea last fall. I worked on the temporary relocation projects, SIA and Mosses Lake for continued operations, while the runway is redone. It will be intersting to see whow far it has progressed when I get back this fall. - Justin

Reply by Kevin Gaunt, L.S.I.T. on July 5, 2011 at 11:51pm
Definitely!  My first winter surveying (2008-2009), which also happened to be Spokane's record year for snowfall, I spent doing a topo of the Fairchild AFB runway...wish we could've gotten the staking for the new runway :(  Best wishes.  See you around.
Reply by Justin Heyser on July 5, 2011 at 11:43pm

Happy 4th to you too! I would have to agree that anything over 85 degress should be avoided. No problem, I really enjoy serving. My home duty station is currently Fairchild AFB, so see you around!

Reply by Kevin Gaunt, L.S.I.T. on July 5, 2011 at 11:19pm

@Justin:  WOW!  I do not envy you!  I may survey in triple digits for a week out of the year.  Honestly, anything over about 85 degrees is too hot for my liking.  A belated happy Independance Day to you!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the incredibly difficult job you do to protect the rights and  freedoms that we enjoy each and every day!!!  God bless the USA and God bless our troops!

Reply by Justin Heyser on July 5, 2011 at 11:01pm

Dang that makes me jelous. I'm orginally from the Northern Midwest and am currently in Afghanistan surveying in 115 degree plus heat occasionaly with 75lb's of "battle" gear on. I cannot wait to survey in -10 and snow again!

Reply by Scott D. Warner, PLS on July 2, 2011 at 3:29pm

Kevin, nice to see that I am not the only Land Surveyor who wears showshoes and actually works outdoors in "thermally challenging" conditions.  Sometimes, here in Wisconsin, we need a shovel to find our mailbox at the curb.... surveyors in the upper peninsula of Michigan "the U.P." share the same environment and more frequently than Wisconsinites.  That's one thing that attracts snowshoeing and skiing enthusiasts to our States.  I don't usually feel like snowshoeing with my wife after doing it all day, but I do invite family here to share a good deep snow hike in the hills with me.

-Scott D. Warner, R.L.S.

Reply by ePalmetto on July 1, 2011 at 7:52pm
whoa that ain't no joke!

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Land Surveyors Forum

Promark3 rtk

Started by Joseph Mugo in Surveying Field Tips and Tricks. Last reply by Mark Siegenthaler yesterday. 2 Replies

modern method of stereo model

Started by shree ram bhandari in Surveying Documents. Last reply by ⚡Survenator⌁ on Thursday. 1 Reply

Survey Abstract Coordinates

Started by John J Rodriquez in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by James Barnett 20 hours ago. 17 Replies

Control surveying problem

Started by shree ram bhandari in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Billy Brooks Feb 16. 11 Replies

Magnetic North Update

Started by Billy Brooks in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by Billy Brooks Feb 6. 2 Replies

AERIAL STEREOSCOPY

Started by Lalith Senanayake in Surveying Related Links. Last reply by shree ram bhandari Feb 12. 4 Replies

Job Quotation

Started by Nitesh Shrestha in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Nitesh Shrestha Jan 21. 3 Replies

Mean Sea Level (MSL)

Started by Chuck Turlington in Geospatial Industry Types. Last reply by Kim Noblitt Jan 17. 6 Replies

Surface pro

Started by Malik in Surveying Field Tips and Tricks. Last reply by Kevin D. Allen Jan 7. 5 Replies

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF SKIP FARROW (1953-2015)

Help With Survey Equipment