Follow Leica Geosystems Hub

This group is for Land Surveyors United members who use Leica Geosystems Surveying Instruments in the field. This group is for discussions and tutorials related to Leica user. Land Surveyors United is not directly affiliated with Leica and all logos and imagery are copyright of their respective owners.

228 Members
👉️Join this Hub

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum but I'm pretty pleased to have found a forum devoted to surveying, it's a great idea!  

A colleague of mine has a trusty Leica TCA1105 which is a great instrument but recently came up with the dreaded "internal battery low" error which I'm told is to do with the motherboard battery, and according to the Leica powers that be this particular battery is impossible to replace because "the parts aren't supported anymore" and it basically means the jigga becomes an elaborate paperweight.  I refuse to accept this!  Surely a little battery going flat inside the instrument can be replaced by someone who knows what they're doing and it doesn't just mean that what was probably once a $50k instrument is now tits on a bull.

Hopefully someone has come across this and there is some useful advice around on the issue.

Cheers,

B.

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –