Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

Follow Nikon Support Hub

This community Hub is for Land Surveyors United members who use Nikon Instruments in the field. This group is for discussions and tutorials related to Nikon user. Land Surveyors United is not directly affiliated with Nikon and all logos and imagery are copyright of their respective owners.

Student Surveyor

Fixing up a Nikon DTM 821 total station

Hey first post so let me know if I can make it better!Hi everyone,I recently purchased a Nikon dtm821 from Kijiji (popular craigslist site in Canada ) and kinda got a lemon.The unit did not come with the PCMCIA card or the data cable and the pair of batteries are quite old. The internal CMOS battery was dead and I managed to do my first soldering job and replace it (if anyone wants to see what I did I can send pictures).Anyway, is it normal for the 821 to say 0kb in the bottom right corner and not let you start a job if there is no PCMCIA card in it? I read the manual (the 200 something page one) and it made me think this thing has internal storage unrelated to the PCMCIA slot.If anyone has used the Nikon before, any insight into this is appreciated!

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

β˜…
β˜…
β˜…
β˜…
β˜…
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –