Trig-Star is a NSPS Sponsored High School Math Skill Award
The Trig-Star Program Contest is an annual high school mathematics competition sponsored by the National Society of Professional Surveyors based on the practical application of Trigonometry. The program recognizes the best students from high schools throughout the nation.
The purpose of the Trig-Star Program:
- To promote excellence in the mastery of mathematics in high school;
- To honor high students who have demonstrated their superior skill among classmates at the local, state, and national levels;
- To acquaint high school students with the use and practical applications of matematics in the surveying profession;
- To build an awareness of surveying as a profession among the mathematically-skilled high school students, career guidance counselors and high school math teachers.
Trig-Star Contest Levels:
- Level 1 is given at local high schools. There is one winner from each participating high school.
- Level 2 is the national test. The state winner from each participating state is eligible to compete for the National Trig-Star title
- Local and State awards are provided by the local chapter or sponsors.
- Provided by the National Society of Professional Surveyors
- First place winner - $2,000.00 award - Teacher - $1000.00 award
- Second place winner - $1,000.00 award - Teacher - $500.00 award
- Third place winner - $500.00 award - Teacher - $250.00 award