Trigonometrical station usage

Dear Brothers/sisters in crime (survey world), im seeking some assistance.

Im looking to find the correct wording for a tool needed for placing a totall station onto a trigonometrical station (concrete pillar, painted white, ontop of a mountain).


I have used them before but cant seem to remember the name of this little tool.

It is a heavy base unit with 3 spikes (Metal), and placed beneeth the tribrach, and positioned derectly center above this special (difficult) markr point.


It replaces the use of a Tripod, that might be suiteble due to the suroundings where you are located.


PLease advise what of its name, so i can order one of them online.


Kind regards, from your brother surveyor (Oscar van der Kaap) located on the island of Sint Maarten (Netherlands Antillies, Carribean).

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Email me when people reply –

Hey there!
It looks like you are enjoying the community content.

That's nice! Please don't forget to mention us if you use what you just copied on your website. Help strenthen the community by linking back to us!

Thank you very much! Have a nice day! :)

Ok. Don't bother me again, for this session.