Allow Your Survey Crews to Access Files From the Field
If you have been looking for a way to add a file cabinet to your Bootstrap Survey Company Template, allowing survey crews access to files from the field, today is your lucky day. Using the method I am describing below, you can now sync your Google Drive folders to your site in less than 5 minutes.
How to Add a Google Drive Folder to Google Sites
To find the feature go to:
- Edit Page Mode
- Insert from Toolbar
- Folder (it's in the second column in the middle area)
- Select one Folder from your Google Drive Account
- Change gadget dimensions and save to the page.
Here is a short video from Kirksville Web Design to show you the process.
- You can embed one Google Drive folder
- The Folder has the same permissions as granted in Google Drive, so make sure and check your Share settings at the folder level
- Visitors who don't have permission to the folder will be prompted to Request Access.
- You can add descriptions to your documents from Google Drive so that people have a better idea of what a document is about. Select document and click More > Details > Add your Description.
- Capability to embed multiple folders or create a directory of folders to sort through
- No search function