Have you compiled a checklist for safety? If so, your comments and additions to this very basic list could help keep you and others alive:
- Traffic safety cones
- Traffic signs (Survey Crew Ahead, etc.)
- Strobe light on the vehicle (yellow, etc.,)
- Steel toe boots, when required
- Safety vests (orange, yellow, reflective, etc.)
- First aid kit (in the vehicle, and on the person when in remote environment)
- Fire extinguisher in the vehicle, properly mounted.
- Proper training (as required by government, i.e. OSHA, etc., and in First Aid and/or CPR)
Safety requirements vary by jurisdiction and circumstance. What do you do, and what do you have to keep you safe?
Scott D. Warner, R.L.S.