This monument was placed by the United States General Land Office in 1948 during a survey of the islands in the Wisconsin River near its confluence with the Mississippi River. It is located along the North bank of the Wisconsin River. It is a "meander corner" which means the true corner of the Section falls in the river and could not placed at it's true location, but on a line to it's true location.
This Content Originally Published to Land Surveyors United Network
Say Something ⇣