NSS has been automating Mine Surveying for decades. We’ve partnered with Precision Mining Systems, Autodesk and Leica Geosystems to create the absolute best solution for underground mining – MOSS - Miner Operated Survey System. We’ve been assisting underground mining operations achieve safety and productivity gains by adapting and embracing this new technology.
Robotic Total Station with Scanning capabilities are recommended.
MOSS interfaces to all existing Leica Robotic Total Stations, including the new Multi Scanning MS60 providing incredible measurement features.
• The MS60 provides WiFi communication with exceptional Robotic Speeds and measurement captures
• Fast and efficient Laser Tracking for Jumbo Drill Steel Collar Location
• 3D Face Scanning supporting Geological Face Mapping
• 3D Face Photography with point cloud overlay supporting Face Mapping and structure identification
• CMS capability for Stope and Drift analysis
While the TS12 and or the TPS1200 series robotic Total Stations will work, the workflow benefits of the MS60 Multi Station provide additional Geological measurements and quality control for Ground Control installation.
This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network