Hawaii Land Surveyors is for professional land surveyors and LSU members who live and survey in the state of Hawaii, USA. If you are a surveyor in Hawaii, share your experiences here.
Below you will find professional resources, articles, forms, weblinks, and much more. If you have a resource you would like to share with the surveying community, please drop them below in the comments.
Tax Map Sites
Commonly Used Forms and Data Sites
The documents and information presented have been contributed and donated to the orgnization from dedicated surveyors over the years. Some of the notes and material may be outdated but reflect the history of surveying and land tenure in the State of Hawaii, please use at your own discretion.
- BOOKS AND PUBLICATIONS:
- "Surveying Hawaii" (The American Surveyor), Patrick and Mary Cummins
- "The Great Mahele, Hawaii's Land Division of 1848", Jon J. Chinen
- "Surveying the Mahele: Mapping the Hawaiian Land Revolution (Palapala'aina, Vol. 2)"; Riley Moore Moffat, Gary L. Fitzpatrick
- "Dictionary of Hawaiian Legal Land Terms" - Paul F. Nahoa Lucas
- "Black's Law Dictionary", Bryan A. Garner
- "Brown's Boundary Control and Legal Principles"; Walter G. Robillard, Donald A. Wilson, Curtis M. Brown
- "Manual of surveying instructions for the survey of the public lands of the United States and private land claims", U.S. Bureau of Land Management
- "Land Survey Review Manual", R. Ben Buckner
- CONTRIBUTED NOTES: