Traverse Adjustment Using Method of Least Squares and Star*Net

Traverse Adjustment Using Method of Least Squares and Star*Net

Please allow me to share as shown in this image the ability of Least Squares Method of finding best fit solution for a data reduction process where linear approach (compass or transit rule) is surely to fail. The power and elegance the Least Squares Method provides enable you to adjust any configuration of control network as you wish. As shown in the figure, traverse adjustment is possible considering the constraints provided by the cross ties. Local to grid transformation and vice versa is done automatically. Great, great tool. A must for every surveyor.

This Content Originally Published to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 1255

Subject Keywords related to this post (add as many as you like): Adjustment, LSA, Least, Squares, Traverse

Say Something ⇣

Reply by chibueze cajethan on March 20, 2015 at 3:09am

please anyone help me with starnet software

Reply by RAYMOND KINGSLY on March 7, 2015 at 5:18pm

please anyone help me i am using civil3d to adjust traverse i want to know how to use starnet please any one help me

Reply by zainul ulum on November 26, 2013 at 9:18pm

Hi Hernan Perez,

I learn from Autodesk University. There are a lot of samples can be downloaded from including video, pdf and dwg.

Reply by Hernan Perez on November 26, 2013 at 10:53am

Hi Zainul Ulum, let me introduce me. My name is Hernan , and, I just arrived , into this site. I think , this is a good way to learn , and some times , to help others land surveyor friends. I want ask you a little help. I always have used Cartomap. And now,, I'd like to begin use Autocad Civil. Wold you like , to recommend  me , some website , o PDF book to understand the methodology , some better. Because , the Autocad Civil Tutorials , are very bad , and little didactic. Thanks a lot , and I will be awaiting

any help about this.

Reply by zainul ulum on February 19, 2013 at 7:34am

hi Arnel,
Thanks for information...

usually, i use Autocad civil3D for traverse adjustment.
also I've been developing visual basic application for excel (macro) to calculate traverse and levelling net adjustment. I still need a good software such us Star*net to verify calculation result from civil3D or my own program.

if you don't mind

Reply by Arnel M. Domag on September 1, 2011 at 2:27am

Star*Net is the ultimate in traverse adjustment. AutoCAD Civil 3D also offers Least Squares adjustment engine but is much inferior to Star*Net's capability. Microsurvey should consider porting Star*Net to Windows Mobile device as plug-in to Fieldgenius. Having this realized is a quantum leap for surveyors.

Reply by beethoven bersabal on August 30, 2011 at 10:52pm

ayussss...

Reply by Gerry C. Duamin on August 25, 2011 at 10:08pm
great
Reply by LSU Justin on August 25, 2011 at 12:38pm

awesome Arnel!

Global Trade organization for Professional Land Surveyors and Geospatial Pros. Frictionless GeoCollaboration Surveying Forum and Groups

Surveyor Hubs and Tags

Surveyor Community Hubs For World Regions

Surveying Hubs For US States

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Photos by Tag

Surveying Videos by Tag

+ Surveyor Sharer

Drag Button to bookmark bar and view submitted links here.Will soon be moved to a directory

What You Missed

Nick Servin updated their profile
55 minutes ago
Profile IconNick Servin, Oana Alexandra Niculcea, Muhammad Atique Mib and 1 more joined Land Surveyors United ::
1 hour ago
Surveying Jobber promoted LSU Justin's page Member Map CartoDB
2 hours ago
Surveying Jobber promoted zainul ulum's discussion cut and fill calculation on cross section chart with vba excel
3 hours ago
Muhammad Atique Mib replied to zainul ulum's discussion cut and fill calculation on cross section chart with vba excel in the group Excel Spreadsheets for Surveyors
"Dear Assalam u Aalikum,your attached file contain error plz upload new and fresh file.regards,"
3 hours ago
Muhammad Atique Mib joined Malik Abdur Rehman's group
Land Survey Media Thumbnail

Excel Spreadsheets for Surveyors

This group is for discussions related to the use of spreadsheets and excel in land surveying.See More
3 hours ago
Surveying Jobber replied to Pedro Hernandez's discussion Here are some programs in EXCEL.
"are you guys serious?  give Pedro a break... there is nothing wrong with the download"
4 hours ago
Surveying Jobber commented on Amro M N Hammad's photo
Land Survey Media Thumbnail

GESH_1543

"what is this suppose to be"
4 hours ago
mohammed basheer replied to Pedro Hernandez's discussion Here are some programs in EXCEL.
"what is the password of exel file protector"
9 hours ago
Amro M N Hammad shared their photo on Facebook
11 hours ago
Amro M N Hammad posted a photo

GESH_1543

00962797802002
11 hours ago
Lalith Senanayake posted a photo

Survey mark at Edinburgh in Scotland

This mark found on my way at the castle of Edingburgh in Scotland
12 hours ago
Lalith Senanayake commented on Tri Dev Acharya's photo
Land Survey Media Thumbnail

Pray for Nepal !

"There are helping hands in every field,from Sri lanka, All the blessing of the tripple jem be with…"
12 hours ago
Surveying Jobber commented on Tri Dev Acharya's photo
Land Survey Media Thumbnail

Pray for Nepal !

"We have 20 Members from Nepal.  If you have any status updates on any of your fellow members…"
18 hours ago
SurveyEarthinaDay's group was featured
Land Survey Media Thumbnail

Nepal Land Surveyors

Nepal Land Surveyors Group Forum is a community for surveyors who work in Nepal to discuss land…See More
18 hours ago
Surveying Jobber joined SurveyEarthinaDay's group
Land Survey Media Thumbnail

Nepal Land Surveyors

18 hours ago
Surveying Jobber commented on Tri Dev Acharya's photo
Land Survey Media Thumbnail

Pray for Nepal !

"We are all praying for Nepal and Hope that all of our fellow surveyors in Nepal are safe!"
18 hours ago
Tri Dev Acharya's photo was featured

Pray for Nepal !

Help Recover Nepal!Let's show our contribution and help our friends in Nepal! Join the Crisis…
18 hours ago
Pedro Hernandez replied to Pedro Hernandez's discussion Here are some programs in EXCEL.
"My friend,I already sent by mail to you, best regards "
yesterday
Profile Icong dinesh babu, DIJU VARGHESE, Ahmad Faizan and 2 more joined Land Surveyors United ::
yesterday

Take This Page With You

Take this Page With You

QR Code for This Page: What is this?

Surveyor Support