Traverse Adjustment Using Method of Least Squares and Star*Net

Traverse Adjustment Using Method of Least Squares and Star*Net

Please allow me to share as shown in this image the ability of Least Squares Method of finding best fit solution for a data reduction process where linear approach (compass or transit rule) is surely to fail. The power and elegance the Least Squares Method provides enable you to adjust any configuration of control network as you wish. As shown in the figure, traverse adjustment is possible considering the constraints provided by the cross ties. Local to grid transformation and vice versa is done automatically. Great, great tool. A must for every surveyor.

This Content Originally Published to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 1087

Subject Keywords related to this post (add as many as you like): Adjustment, LSA, Least, Squares, Traverse

Say Something ⇣

Reply by zainul ulum on November 26, 2013 at 9:18pm

Hi Hernan Perez,

I learn from Autodesk University. There are a lot of samples can be downloaded from including video, pdf and dwg.

Reply by Hernan Perez on November 26, 2013 at 10:53am

Hi Zainul Ulum, let me introduce me. My name is Hernan , and, I just arrived , into this site. I think , this is a good way to learn , and some times , to help others land surveyor friends. I want ask you a little help. I always have used Cartomap. And now,, I'd like to begin use Autocad Civil. Wold you like , to recommend  me , some website , o PDF book to understand the methodology , some better. Because , the Autocad Civil Tutorials , are very bad , and little didactic. Thanks a lot , and I will be awaiting

any help about this.

Reply by zainul ulum on February 19, 2013 at 7:34am

hi Arnel,
Thanks for information...

usually, i use Autocad civil3D for traverse adjustment.
also I've been developing visual basic application for excel (macro) to calculate traverse and levelling net adjustment. I still need a good software such us Star*net to verify calculation result from civil3D or my own program.

if you don't mind

Reply by Arnel M. Domag on September 1, 2011 at 2:27am

Star*Net is the ultimate in traverse adjustment. AutoCAD Civil 3D also offers Least Squares adjustment engine but is much inferior to Star*Net's capability. Microsurvey should consider porting Star*Net to Windows Mobile device as plug-in to Fieldgenius. Having this realized is a quantum leap for surveyors.

Reply by beethoven bersabal on August 30, 2011 at 10:52pm

ayussss...

Reply by Gerry C. Duamin on August 25, 2011 at 10:08pm
great
Reply by LSU Justin on August 25, 2011 at 12:38pm

awesome Arnel!

Global Trade organization for Professional Land Surveyors and Geospatial Pros. Frictionless GeoCollaboration Surveying Forum and Groups

Surveyor Hubs and Tags

Surveyor Community Hubs For World Regions

Surveying Hubs For US States

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Photos by Tag

Surveying Videos by Tag

+ Surveyor Sharer

Drag Button to bookmark bar and view submitted links here.Will soon be moved to a directory

What You Missed

Scott D. Warner, PLS replied to Scott D. Warner, PLS's discussion WSLS 66th Annual Surveyors Institute in the group Wisconsin Land Surveyors
"I will share what I have from the 2015 Surveyors Institute."
37 minutes ago
"A view from a room in "The Sands" at the Kalahari Resort "
44 minutes ago
"Here is a photo from session 5:  Civil 3D For Surveyors where Nathan Vaughan from R.A. Smith…"
54 minutes ago
Profile IconMohamed Timoulali, MUHAMMAD USMAN, Paweł Andraka and 4 more joined Land Surveyors United
1 hour ago
Peter J. van Os promoted Muhammad Junaid's discussion Canal Cross Sections excavation volume calculation weekly
1 hour ago
MUHAMMAD USMAN promoted Malik Abdur Rehman's group Excel Spreadsheets for Surveyors
6 hours ago
Profile IconThere are 7271 members on Land Surveyors United
6 hours ago
Peter J. van Os promoted Yasser Sultan's profile
10 hours ago
reza dezhalon replied to William J Barrows Jr's discussion Excel spreadsheet to calculate Deed and export to Autocad in the group Excel Spreadsheets for Surveyors
"Dear william how to get this file please help me my email id [email protected]"
16 hours ago
Stefanos Karam promoted Malik Abdur Rehman's group Excel Spreadsheets for Surveyors
22 hours ago
Ramona Kiss replied to zainul ulum's discussion Adjustment of Survey Measurements with Solver Add-ins in the group Excel Spreadsheets for Surveyors
"These items are very useful.But I'm concerned Ball 3D trilateration or trilateie generally be…"
yesterday
Profile IconLS 4722, Hs Chopra, Daniel Alejandro Sánchez Cadena and 2 more joined Land Surveyors United
yesterday
Manoj Kumar Yadav added a discussion to the group Excel Spreadsheets for Surveyors
Land Survey Media Thumbnail

For Road Strip chart

How to create road strip chart like shoe embankment layer and subgrade layer etc please helpe meSee More
yesterday
Raymond M K*** and LSU Justin are now friends
yesterday
Manoj Kumar Yadav replied to William J Barrows Jr's discussion Excel spreadsheet to calculate Deed and export to Autocad in the group Excel Spreadsheets for Surveyors
"Dear sir how get this file please help me my email-id- [email protected]"
yesterday
Midland Survey updated their profile
yesterday
umair rafi updated their profile
yesterday
Gary Breisch promoted Surveyor Nasr's profile
yesterday
LSU Justin replied to Kevin D Burgess's discussion User Manual for Sokkia Set 2100,3100,4100 in the group Sokkia Support Group
"this one may help"
yesterday
zainul ulum's discussion was featured

Adjustment of Survey Measurements with Solver Add-ins

Excel Survey Forum,I've developed "solver model" to adjust survey measurement using least square…See More
yesterday

Take This Page With You

Take this Page With You

QR Code for This Page: What is this?