Traverse Adjustment Using Method of Least Squares and Star*Net

Traverse Adjustment Using Method of Least Squares and Star*Net

Please allow me to share as shown in this image the ability of Least Squares Method of finding best fit solution for a data reduction process where linear approach (compass or transit rule) is surely to fail. The power and elegance the Least Squares Method provides enable you to adjust any configuration of control network as you wish. As shown in the figure, traverse adjustment is possible considering the constraints provided by the cross ties. Local to grid transformation and vice versa is done automatically. Great, great tool. A must for every surveyor.

This Content Originally Published to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 1250

Subject Keywords related to this post (add as many as you like): Adjustment, LSA, Least, Squares, Traverse

Say Something ⇣

Reply by chibueze cajethan on March 20, 2015 at 3:09am

please anyone help me with starnet software

Reply by RAYMOND KINGSLY on March 7, 2015 at 5:18pm

please anyone help me i am using civil3d to adjust traverse i want to know how to use starnet please any one help me

Reply by zainul ulum on November 26, 2013 at 9:18pm

Hi Hernan Perez,

I learn from Autodesk University. There are a lot of samples can be downloaded from including video, pdf and dwg.

Reply by Hernan Perez on November 26, 2013 at 10:53am

Hi Zainul Ulum, let me introduce me. My name is Hernan , and, I just arrived , into this site. I think , this is a good way to learn , and some times , to help others land surveyor friends. I want ask you a little help. I always have used Cartomap. And now,, I'd like to begin use Autocad Civil. Wold you like , to recommend  me , some website , o PDF book to understand the methodology , some better. Because , the Autocad Civil Tutorials , are very bad , and little didactic. Thanks a lot , and I will be awaiting

any help about this.

Reply by zainul ulum on February 19, 2013 at 7:34am

hi Arnel,
Thanks for information...

usually, i use Autocad civil3D for traverse adjustment.
also I've been developing visual basic application for excel (macro) to calculate traverse and levelling net adjustment. I still need a good software such us Star*net to verify calculation result from civil3D or my own program.

if you don't mind

Reply by Arnel M. Domag on September 1, 2011 at 2:27am

Star*Net is the ultimate in traverse adjustment. AutoCAD Civil 3D also offers Least Squares adjustment engine but is much inferior to Star*Net's capability. Microsurvey should consider porting Star*Net to Windows Mobile device as plug-in to Fieldgenius. Having this realized is a quantum leap for surveyors.

Reply by beethoven bersabal on August 30, 2011 at 10:52pm

ayussss...

Reply by Gerry C. Duamin on August 25, 2011 at 10:08pm
great
Reply by LSU Justin on August 25, 2011 at 12:38pm

awesome Arnel!

Global Trade organization for Professional Land Surveyors and Geospatial Pros. Frictionless GeoCollaboration Surveying Forum and Groups

Surveyor Hubs and Tags

Surveyor Community Hubs For World Regions

Surveying Hubs For US States

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Photos by Tag

Surveying Videos by Tag

+ Surveyor Sharer

Drag Button to bookmark bar and view submitted links here.Will soon be moved to a directory

What You Missed

LSU Justin promoted LSU Justin's page Activities for International Surveyors Week 2015
1 hour ago
LSU Justin shared their page on Google +1
1 hour ago
LSU Justin promoted Surveying Jobber's photo
1 hour ago
Surveying Jobber's photo was featured

Central Park Survey Bolt

New York CityN 40.769418 / W 73.973436In the 1810s, before concrete and skyscrapers consumed…
1 hour ago
Profile IconThere are 6310 photos on Land Surveyors United ::
2 hours ago
LSU Justin replied to David Webb's discussion Surveyor's Iphone Level loop App
"If you would like to give us the address of where you got the level loop app.. happy to take a look"
2 hours ago
Profile IconThere are 7717 members on Land Surveyors United ::
2 hours ago
David Webb posted a discussion

Surveyor's Iphone Level loop App

not sure if I am posting this in the correct area.I came across the Iphone app that does Level…See More
3 hours ago
LSU Justin added a page to the group International Land Surveyors Week 2015
4 hours ago
ePalmetto's group was featured
Land Survey Media Thumbnail

Professional Land Surveyors Africa

Professional Land Surveyors of Africa is a social support group and forum for land surveyors who…See More
4 hours ago
Profile IconDan G, Jason Love, Jared and 1 more joined Land Surveyors United ::
8 hours ago
David Webb promoted LSU Justin's blog post Iphone App: Surveyors Leveling Tool
23 hours ago
Paul Quagge commented on AxeMen Site Prep's video
Land Survey Media Thumbnail

BSCSP Seismic Survey: What's Shaking on Kevin Dome?

"Interesting video.....thanks for sharing this"
yesterday
Georgios K promoted LSU Justin's group Canada Land Surveyors & Geomatics
yesterday
Talat Hameed Kiayani promoted LSU Justin's group Sokkia Support Group
yesterday
Christiana Coakley updated their profile
yesterday
Scott D. Warner, PLS commented on Scott D. Warner, PLS's video
Land Survey Media Thumbnail

Where is the Surveyor?

"Thanks Justin.  It's not really very difficult.  It's a good thing there is no…"
Saturday
Pedro Hernandez updated their profile
Saturday
Surveying Jobber's 2 photos were featured
Saturday
Pedro Hernandez's 2 photos were featured
Saturday

Take This Page With You

Take this Page With You

QR Code for This Page: What is this?

Surveyor Support