Traverse Adjustment Using Method of Least Squares and Star*Net

Traverse Adjustment Using Method of Least Squares and Star*Net

Please allow me to share as shown in this image the ability of Least Squares Method of finding best fit solution for a data reduction process where linear approach (compass or transit rule) is surely to fail. The power and elegance the Least Squares Method provides enable you to adjust any configuration of control network as you wish. As shown in the figure, traverse adjustment is possible considering the constraints provided by the cross ties. Local to grid transformation and vice versa is done automatically. Great, great tool. A must for every surveyor.

This Content Originally Published to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 920

Subject Keywords related to this post (add as many as you like): Adjustment, LSA, Least, Squares, Traverse

Say Something ⇣

Reply by zainul ulum on November 26, 2013 at 9:18pm

Hi Hernan Perez,

I learn from Autodesk University. There are a lot of samples can be downloaded from including video, pdf and dwg.

Reply by Hernan Perez on November 26, 2013 at 10:53am

Hi Zainul Ulum, let me introduce me. My name is Hernan , and, I just arrived , into this site. I think , this is a good way to learn , and some times , to help others land surveyor friends. I want ask you a little help. I always have used Cartomap. And now,, I'd like to begin use Autocad Civil. Wold you like , to recommend  me , some website , o PDF book to understand the methodology , some better. Because , the Autocad Civil Tutorials , are very bad , and little didactic. Thanks a lot , and I will be awaiting

any help about this.

Reply by zainul ulum on February 19, 2013 at 7:34am

hi Arnel,
Thanks for information...

usually, i use Autocad civil3D for traverse adjustment.
also I've been developing visual basic application for excel (macro) to calculate traverse and levelling net adjustment. I still need a good software such us Star*net to verify calculation result from civil3D or my own program.

if you don't mind

Reply by Arnel M. Domag on September 1, 2011 at 2:27am

Star*Net is the ultimate in traverse adjustment. AutoCAD Civil 3D also offers Least Squares adjustment engine but is much inferior to Star*Net's capability. Microsurvey should consider porting Star*Net to Windows Mobile device as plug-in to Fieldgenius. Having this realized is a quantum leap for surveyors.

Reply by beethoven bersabal on August 30, 2011 at 10:52pm

ayussss...

Reply by Gerry C. Duamin on August 25, 2011 at 10:08pm
great
Reply by LSU Justin on August 25, 2011 at 12:38pm

awesome Arnel!

The largest geospatial network on planet earth, covering all land surveying related topics! Share surveyor knowledge with media in forums.

Search and Find

Take this Page With You

QR Code for This Page: What is this?

Surveyor Goodies