Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

Follow Sokkia Support Hub

Sokkia Support Group is for discussions and tutorials relatedΒ  to surveyors who use Sokkia in the field.Β 

If you are new to theΒ Sokkia Support Group for Land Surveyors, please start byΒ adding a discussionΒ and introducing yourself to the community!
LSU is not directly affiliated with Sokkia and all logos and imagery are copyright of their respective owners.

SRX3 and RC-PR4

Dear friends

I have a Sokkia SRX3 Robotic Total Station and aΒ RC-PR4 remote but I cant connect them together. I have connected the RC-PR4 with my Controler but it cont be connected with the SRX3.

The SRX3 can be connented with my controler and works withoutΒ RC-PR4.

What can I do to connect them together

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

β˜…
β˜…
β˜…
β˜…
β˜…
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Land Surveyor

A good check is that both Comms1 and Comms 2 led is lit and solid in the RC

• Good morning sir;

Ivan; hello. I am in similar situation with srx and RC-Pr3. I have been dealing with my supplier who is unfortunately pre-alzheimers (sad but true). He has helped with a gruding technical support team at Sokkia who just don't want to deal with anything this old.

I acquired a special cable (I forget the model #) and they sent me a "BT" etc very old program that looks like it would run on windows 3.1 (really, or DOS....) That obviously stands for "Bluetooth" setup etc.

It seems that you and the other fellow above are saying you don't need all that and are proffering a way to just hook them up with straight bluetooth which is excellent.

I do have 1 rechnical question: When using the software they suggested, you have to set the "dip" switches inside the controller to "up up" "down down" "up up". Is this necessary with your method? Also, now that my supplier has moved the dip swithces, do you know where they need to be set back to operate properly?

Thanks, Tim Blackmon, PSM

I am running a Sokkia SHC 2500 with Sokkia Survey Field" software and a Juniper MESA unit with Magnet Field", thanks TIm

• Land Surveyor

pairing_the_rc-pr5.docx

1. make sure bluetooth settings in total station is set to slave and 2 way plus remote control.

2.Then connect the RC to the total station byΒ  powering on the RC while holding the search button. when the total station is found Comms1 will be lit. press FAR to confirm.

3. Now in your data logger make sure you are connecting to the RC in the(not total station) and use RC unit is checked in (are you using SurvPC). this settings are found in the Comms tab of instrument setup. in the device type look for the RC. if its not there pressΒ  the settings button on the right of bluetooth type and search for your RC type. once this is done you all good to go.Β 

4. make sure the laser beam on the RC is pointing towards the total station always.

5. email me is not solved ([email protected])

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/4667710659?profile=original
  • It must be done from the data collector, the software you are using ( I use Carlson SurvPC) will guide you to connect, follow the settings

• Ivan; hello. I am in similar situation with srx and RC-Pr3. I have been dealing with my supplier who is unfortunately pre-alzheimers (sad but true). He has helped with a gruding technical support team at Sokkia who just don't want to deal with anything this old.

I acquired a special cable (I forget the model #) and they sent me a "BT" etc very old program that looks like it would run on windows 3.1 (really, or DOS....) That obviously stands for "Bluetooth" setup etc.

It seems that you and the other fellow above are saying you don't need all that and are proffering a way to just hook them up with straight bluetooth which is excellent.

I do have 1 rechnical question: When using the software they suggested, you have to set the "dip" switches inside the controller to "up up" "down down" "up up". Is this necessary with your method? Also, now that my supplier has moved the dip swithces, do you know where they need to be set back to operate properly?

Thanks, Tim Blackmon, PSM

Β 

• also, I have a Sokkia SHC 2500 running "Sokkia Survey Field" software and a Juniper Mesa Unit using "Magnet" software.

Β 

This reply was deleted.