Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

Follow Casio 5800p Calculator Hub for Land Surveyors to contribute

Casio 5800P - Programs For Surveyors is a group forum for sharing tips and tricks for using Casio 5800P in survey work. We Can Share Our Programs Here inside the forum for Casio 5800P users.

87 Casio 5800p Users
👉️Join this Hub

If you are a follower of this Casio 5800p Hub you may already know how to create custom formulas and functions and if so please share because I am eager to learn more.  I want to share with you what I have learned so far:

3407294982?profile=RESIZE_710x

Here is a short tutorial on how to create a custom formula for the Casio fx-5800p. The fx-5800p has a library of 128 formulas ranging in various topics from geometry to physics and engineering. 

How to Create an Original Formula:

1. Press [ MODE ]
2. Select 5 for Programming Mode
3. Select 1 for New
4. Give a name, no more than 12 letters or numbers. Symbols are not allowed. 
5. At the File Mode screen, select 3 for Formula. 
6. Type your formula. Use the y=f(x) format. 
7. When you are done, press the [ EXIT ] key. 

Tip: You can use lower case letters, Greek letters, and stylized letters in the formula. Press [ FUNCTION ], then 4 for ALPHA to get access to these characters. 

Remember: Variables are one character length. The fx-5800p will execute implied multiplication when it executes two more consecutive variables. 

Running Your Original Formula:

1. Be in COMP Mode. (MODE, 1)
2. Press the [ FMLA ] button. Select 1 for the Original type. 
3. Select your formula, press [ EXE ] 
4. Use the arrow keys to enter values or scroll the formula. When you are ready to compute, press [ CALC ].

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Email me when people reply –