TDS Ranger data collector won't connect without a serial port?

I recently completed a big job using my old TDS Ranger (built in 2000), and I find myself unable to connect the Ranger to my current computer. Despite the fact that I have serial to USB cables, the computer won't recognize a device on the port, and the Ranger won't recognize the computer.

Any ideas? Thanks so much 

This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 363

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Robert,

What Software are you using to connect to the PC. and is this survey_pro and do you have a manual for it.

Sometimes the serial-usb cable don't work in Windows 7 or higher. You need to check first in device manager if your cable driver is ok. The same you need to have in your pc the "Windows mobile device center" (the new actyvesync from xp).
From PC settings, go to device manager, to USB port and check whether they are compatible and also up to date. Then if it's not, update or drive it to the latest.

RSS

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Land Surveyor Forum - Community Discussions

Leica TC1010 data colleciton using TDS

Started by Bernie J. Marocco. Last reply by Bernie J. Marocco Nov 1, 2017. 4 Replies

Connecting Wifi to TDS Ranger

Started by ePalmetto Apr 27, 2011. 0 Replies

Recon Rebuild

Started by Michael Alan Sanchez. Last reply by Michael Alan Sanchez Feb 2, 2011. 2 Replies

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF SKIP FARROW (1953-2015)

Help With Survey Equipment

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Video Categories

Surveying Photo Categories

United States Hub Forums

International Surveyor Hub Forums

Resources for Company Owners

Land Surveyor Social Media

Surveyor Resources Collections

Getting Started & Newsletter

Featured Land Surveyor Hubs

© 2019   © Created by Land Surveyors United   Powered by