I recently got T.I.M. installed on my work PC. The IT guy did it as I needed a system administer credentials. As I watch him do the work remotely I noticed he had to create an account. He used a log in [email protected] to create the account. Since he was working remotely I couldn't tell him "shouldn't you be using my name and email". I suppose I could have taken control of the mouse and typed out a message to him but I didn't. Anyways he got it all installed and he tested it out my checking and install updates on a TSC3. Everything worked, he ended the remote connection and closed out the service ticket. I closed the program and had my lunch. After lunch I tried to open T.I.M. because I wanted to check out the SX10, R10 rover and S7 TS. Well I cant even open the program without the [email protected] password. I messaged him and he said its the way the software is created. I asked him that if he would have created that account using my email would we still have this problem. He replied that I would still need admin creds.. Is this correct? Is there any sort of work around? U would think that this was intended for the surveyor and not the system admin to check for updates on survey gear.

This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 46

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

☇ Reply to this

Replies to This Discussion

Welp the IT guy found a way, I mentioned to him that this was intended for the main user and not for an admin freezing his ass off on top of the office in -20°C to -30°C updating the GPS Base receiver. This is  his first full winter in Canada, he came from South Africa.

Glad you got it sorted out Jeff..

RSS

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Land Surveyors Forum

Survey Abstract Coordinates

Started by John J Rodriquez in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by Tim Reed yesterday. 15 Replies

Control surveying problem

Started by shree ram bhandari in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Billy Brooks on Saturday. 11 Replies

Magnetic North Update

Started by Billy Brooks in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by Billy Brooks Feb 6. 2 Replies

AERIAL STEREOSCOPY

Started by Lalith Senanayake in Surveying Related Links. Last reply by shree ram bhandari Feb 12. 4 Replies

Job Quotation

Started by Nitesh Shrestha in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Nitesh Shrestha Jan 21. 3 Replies

Survey under tree canopy

Started by Massimo in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by Maurice Heter on Saturday. 7 Replies

Mean Sea Level (MSL)

Started by Chuck Turlington in Geospatial Industry Types. Last reply by Kim Noblitt Jan 17. 6 Replies

Surface pro

Started by Malik in Surveying Field Tips and Tricks. Last reply by Kevin D. Allen Jan 7. 5 Replies

ROOF PEAK SURVEY

Started by Mthulisi Mloyi in Professional Advice for New Surveyors. Last reply by ⚡Survenator⌁ Jan 4. 2 Replies

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF SKIP FARROW (1953-2015)

Help With Survey Equipment

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Video Categories

Surveying Photo Categories

United States Hub Forums

International Surveyor Hub Forums

Resources for Company Owners

Land Surveyor Social Media

Surveyor Resources Collections

Getting Started & Newsletter

Featured Land Surveyor Hubs

Surveyor Birthdays