dear all,

gud day to alll,

im new to survey,

please explain me what is traverse?

when we need to do it.

please explain me in detail.

thanks

This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 675

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

☇ Reply to this

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Pasha

Traverse is a set of connected lines having direction( bearing or Azimuth) and horizontal angle between them.

two kinds of traverse 1-Closed-circle Traverse ( first and last point is the same and having coordinate means control point)

2-Control traverse ( first and last point coordinate must be known means control points)

Traverse has many usage:

1-transferring control points or points coordinate.

2-establishing a coordinate system a long a project as example a road project.

3-to transfer coordinate and direction in case of obstacle(ex. if a road direction was passing along a great hill so we make a traverse around the hill to the other side to transfer coordinate and direction of the road).

And so on there are different usages.

Is that useful to you ?

thanks very much peshawa..

but when we need to do traverse?

in a new construction site? 

you welcome.

I haven't worked yet in any project. if we notice a residential project there is no need for traverse.

but I think generally It is not used these days because of Total Station and GPS, and it is not so necessary there is triangulation for transferring coordinate with a very high accuracy especially with GNSS (GPS).

Hi Peshawa B Salih

let me know, how to  transferring the coordinates when there is no visibility for satellites?

Hi Leo lse

if no satellites or no necessary satellite visible so GNSS cannot be used we should use alternative methods we can use Total Station and establish a precise network of control points.

For what project exactly you mean?

Hope that is useful.

Thank you

what we are doing...

you welcome.

sorry what you mean ?

very often in the construction of large  objects like power plants are not able to use gnss(gps)

I think it is ok to use Total Station if you work precisely you can get enough accuracy for these kinds of construction.

for example to create a network of points inside the enclosure station

that's right good example, transferring coordinate from outside to outside is possible or establishing a new system in the station. 

Also see all of the other forum posts about Traverse

RSS

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Land Surveyors Forum

Promark3 rtk

Started by Joseph Mugo in Surveying Field Tips and Tricks. Last reply by Mark Siegenthaler 16 hours ago. 2 Replies

Online Land Surveying courses

Started by Mathews Obiero in Professional Advice for New Surveyors. Last reply by ⚡Survenator⌁ 16 hours ago. 1 Reply

modern method of stereo model

Started by shree ram bhandari in Surveying Documents. Last reply by ⚡Survenator⌁ yesterday. 1 Reply

Survey Abstract Coordinates

Started by John J Rodriquez in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by James Barnett 13 hours ago. 17 Replies

Control surveying problem

Started by shree ram bhandari in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Billy Brooks Feb 16. 11 Replies

Magnetic North Update

Started by Billy Brooks in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by Billy Brooks Feb 6. 2 Replies

AERIAL STEREOSCOPY

Started by Lalith Senanayake in Surveying Related Links. Last reply by shree ram bhandari Feb 12. 4 Replies

Job Quotation

Started by Nitesh Shrestha in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Nitesh Shrestha Jan 21. 3 Replies

Mean Sea Level (MSL)

Started by Chuck Turlington in Geospatial Industry Types. Last reply by Kim Noblitt Jan 17. 6 Replies

Surface pro

Started by Malik in Surveying Field Tips and Tricks. Last reply by Kevin D. Allen Jan 7. 5 Replies

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF SKIP FARROW (1953-2015)

Help With Survey Equipment

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Video Categories

Surveying Photo Categories

United States Hub Forums

International Surveyor Hub Forums

Resources for Company Owners

Land Surveyor Social Media

Surveyor Resources Collections

Getting Started & Newsletter

Featured Land Surveyor Hubs

Surveyor Birthdays