Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

Traverse using Trimble 5600 Robotic

Hi Guys,

Looking for some help to conduct a traverse using a Trimble 5600 Robotic.

If anyone has any experience using this machineĀ and could spare a few minutes to give a step by step instruction I would be greatly appreciative. There is a traverse setting on the machineĀ  but I cant find any help to go beyond this.

Thanks in advance

Carl

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
ā˜…
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We own Geodimeter 5503 with Autolock and control it using TSC v12.46.

Recently I was also interested in calculating traverse on site, so I confirm, that what Eugene wrote is true (you can also find this in manual).

But we ran into problems, when doing integrated survey, i.e. also measuring with GPS to the same job.

CS in our country is TM with scale factor 0.9998 at the central meridian, and scale factor is being calculated at every station.

So we noticed, that Trimble software calculates traverse in wrong way, because it is applying scale factor twice to every measured distance, except distance being measured in the backsight procedure.

I noticed this after exporting job to Geodimeter RAW format, using GDM job format.

You should take care if you work in CS, that also uses scale factor and if your software is TSC Ā v12.46 or below (I don't know about bug in higher versions).

• Seeking Employment
    I owned and operated a robotic several years ago. After setting up and taking a back shot, all shots taken after that will be sideshows until you want to move the robotic up. Then that shot will be logged as a traverse shot. The instrument will automatically set that shot as the new position of the robotic and the old position will be the back shot position. Proceed to set robotic up on new position and take backlot on old position. Just follow this routine all through your traverse.

I think I finally started running everything as sideshots and set the numbers of my setups and back sights manually just as you would do when you arrived back in the morning to continue your traverse. This way I found that I could do a better job and take more sideshots even while walking back to the instrument to move it up to the new traverse point. You would have to keep up with your numbers for your traverse points and backlight points on paper and labeled on the ground using this method.

Hope this helps a little.
This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

šŸŒ Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives