Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Land Surveyor

Exact version not sure. Translate..When is this necessary and why? Rotate..Translate needed or not is there a step by step of what points you rotate around? Be it from a record reference given to you by your office in your recon, a job you create yourself in the field with gps points set yourself?  You need to traverse and adjust having no existing control? Falls in create your self I guess. Could do this all day long with my caveman cogo/drawing software at home. With this software in the field I'm lost. Hope makes sense.

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Land Surveyor

Billy truly is my honor to meet you!! I would love to hear all you have seen and done. I know swamps in our state stuff I guess you and me have seen over so many years. Didn't know how much more you have seen. I am sorry for the lose of members in anyway, lose of life not had to deal with others yes. Billy really would like to talk with you. You have seen and done more than I ever have. I could talk with you all day. Don't know web stuff to good can I add you a friend? New at this is ok try?

• Land Surveyor

Billy are you in NC?

•  Hi Joseph, No ,I am a few light years from you, No i am in Dallas ,Texas I have lived everywhere. I have surveyed 16 states, NC. one of them, If you click on my pic it will take you to my profile page,as the same with you, I went to yours and click on associates,but every time i do this nothing works, I do not have one on my page ??. NC is a very beautiful  State.  I loved it when I was there. A long time ago worked on the Coast most of the time,did go inland some. Thank you for your friendship,sometimes it is hard to find. So i keep my gun powder dry, as the old saying goes and my machete sharp.  Hope that Hurinado Matthew does not come your way,if so take care. We have Softball size hail out here,with everything else. Stay in touch,try the Associates thing ,mine does not work.

•  Hi Joseph , I have been in them with buttons and before buttons. Lived in Army tents for months on the Mississippi River, on a Island, only went to town once a week. The only thing that we had that was electric, was our U.S. Government Army Corps of Eng. Radio, It held 24, D batteries.While doing this survey, ran into a team of Canadians  Surveyors,Scientist and also had Mounties, with them, making a historic trip on Canadians waters,and then down the Mississippi River,to New Orleans, This involved thousands of miles on Rivers in canoes. They stayed with us for two days. We also seen them many more times because we were also on the move down the river. I have also put a field book in my mouth, just to keep it above the water , hands would be full  carrying every thing else . In Florida I tried to swim a river, with a transit, ended up looking like a submarine periscope, next we put it in the Ibox, and then floated it across on life preservers (life jackets), this meant we were swimming, gators everywhere, could have made a Tarzan Movie. Had to deal with Black Bears and Panthers. Mommy bear , charged us and a panther,would not give up following us,no matter what we did, he would not leave. Snakes ,they were the biggest problem,but you just learn how to deal with them. Seen one guy cut his arm off and a Party Chief Drown. It is not always fun and games but the job must be done.Yes I surveyed living in tents,and we dared to go where nobody else had been, but what a adventure and the animals and things we saw. Everybody needs a little Swamp. Then back to the City, but it's not safe either.

• Land Surveyor

What you have done and seen in your life amazes me. I have no words to say Billy. I hope we can be friends have a lot can learn form you. I know every thing you said. I know why. I am same. 

• Hi Joseph, Be sure to watch the Video's on translation, I will try to find some on rotation also.

You can also change the level of math on the Virtual nerd pages.

And be sure to read my discussion on the Recon. Translate,Rotate and Scale .

Have a good day.

• Land Surveyor
    Also FYI, it's handy if you do a traverse or topo & then shoot the BM then you can "boot" all the points at one time (translation of z values only).
    • Land Surveyor
      That's funny. I'm the opposite. I prefer to have my boundary and elevation resolved before i start topo.
  • Hi Joseph, I posted a discussion,  On this topic in your group, Older Recon/TDS 5 how to use. I included PDF files instruction for the Recon Survey Pro models, Plus wrote you a complete instruction on how and why you do this,in this discussion , Translate,Rotate and Scale Recon TDS, Have you read it or looked at the PDF files.   In it i tell you how to do this on any Data collector that has this capabilities. they all work on this same principals and theory  of rotation and translation of x,y,z coordinates. Using point numbers in the programs makes it much easier than was done in the past.

billy

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives