Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Hi all,I am currently on a archeological surveying excursion in the UAE. One of my Promark3 Coax external antenna cable (702058) isn't working any more, the other one connects the GPS devices and the antennas without any problems. The local supplier of ashtech products told me it would take two weeks to get a replacement, thats of course to long. Has anyone discovered this problem before? Or has anyone an idea how I can repair or improvise?The cable itself shows no visible damages. The cable seems not broken, the fittings seems ok.Thanks for any help in advance,Felix

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Vendor

This is not a problem with PM3 users only but also a common problem with any instrument dependent on cables.

I have replaced Two PM3 cables. If you want to save some money and time then I would suggest you to try ebay web site.

• Or at TigerSupplies.com ...

• Hi Munir,

eBay web site or directly cable producer on [email protected]... !

• Vendor

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for providing your email address.

I may contact you in this regard next time  please.

(Munir Ahmad Mughal)

[email protected]

• ARE YOU KNOW THAT!  I had problems with my promark 3!

Firmware Release Notes PM3
    Date: October 12th, 2011
    Product: ProMark3   Subject: P011 Firmware Release
    Introduction
    This document is the firmware release note of the GPS firmware version P011 for ProMark 3
    products.
    This version is intended to fix the “satellites loss” issue.
    Upgrade procedure
    The procedure to upgrade the receiver is as follows:
    Use AutoLoader, which can be found in the Utilities folder.
    - Copy the P011.txt file and P011 folder to an SD card
    - Insert the SD card into your ProMark 3
    - Launch the AutoLoader utility: from the ProMark 3 workspace screen, double-tap the
    Utilities icon and then the AutoLoader icon
    - Select the P011.txt file to load and then let the Auto-Loader utility complete the
    upgrade for you.
    - At the end of upgrading process, reboot your ProMark 3 receiver.
    - After ProMark 3 restarts, make sure you have P011 version for GPS F/W Version in
    Settings\Magellan System Info\ menu.
    Versions compatibility
    From compatibility point of view, version P011 has no difference from its predecessor P010.
    It’s safe to replace version P010 with P011.
    New features
    No new features introduced in P011
    Resolved Problems
    ProMark 3 losing connection to satellites (ProMark 3 may experience Baldur FW resets while
    tracking more than one SBAS satellite, then it takes the receiver some time to restore tracking
    and satellites usage after reset). Firmware Release Notes ProMark 3
    Page 2 of 2
    Known issues
    N/A
    Recommendations
    It’s recommended to upgrade from P010 to P011 as soon as possible. Otherwise the user may
    experience Baldur FW resets (and corresponding loss of satellites) while tracking more than
    one SBAS satellite.

• Hi Felix,

I am glad the issue is solved already, and i am sure you could get a new cable from us earlier then 2 weeks, contact me next time you need one or any other piece of surveying equipment, i'd be happy to assist "QUICKLY"... :)

• Hi Felix,

We are cables manufacturer for GPS devices. May I help you, Or is your problem already solved ?

I can send one today from France. Is it useful ?

• Hi Arnaud,

thanks for replying. This offer would have been great a week ago, but our stay in the UAE is finished tomorrow and my colleague organized another cable already yesterday in Germany and will bring it to the next survey.

Next time something is wrong with a cable I will send a message directly to you.

Thanks,

Felix

• Hi Felix,

Sorry to be late. I just found your message on monday. As I was not yet a member of this forum I was not able to answer.

If you have any need for help or cables, do not hesitate to contact me on [email protected]

Arnaud

• Hello Guy,

One day I was working and atenna cable stopped working. It was loose inside the protective 

plastic. You can look at this. See the photos!1201189994?profile=original?width=7211201190205?profile=original?width=7211201190314?profile=original?width=7211201190418?profile=original?width=721

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives