dear all,

im new to survey work.

i need to know that what is precise station carrying process in survey work.

i am working in a power plant construction. 

i am always carrying my station with resection option in leica ts 02.

i got 2 reference points from client side surveyor, next what i need do?

traversing? 

please explain me the correct process to do preliminary survey after getting 2 control points from client.

looking forward your answer

thanks 

This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 988

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

☇ Reply to this

Replies to This Discussion

First, Check if there are other control points in the area in the same coordinate system.

Then, verifying the points from the client side before embarking on the survey, or also check if they are in the same systems as the proposed survey works. Two points may not be enough, however in this day and edge you can verify you points using CORS. After verification proceed to extend your control by traverse or polars depending on distances involved. welcome to the exciting field of surveying.

I agree with Ricky Mwanza.  Better check and get on the coordinates of the previous surveyor and check to existing field data i.e. structures or monuments.  Then proceed.  I would recommend coordinate geometry software for point manipulation and calculation of field data and proposed points.  Check out DC_Survey at www.dc-survey-software.com  Free trial version for surveyors.

Good Luck

Marcus

If you really mean for high precision work then the two given facts would not suffice. Your Leica Flexline TS02 is not for high precision work to begin with. The two given control points are also not enough.

If given a chance, secure a total station for high precision work. Secondly, always use surveying accessories for high precision work like tripods, tribrachs, adapters/carriers, prisms, etc.. Thirdly, propagate precise/accurate control points initially using GNSS. And lastly, always use least squares analysis for your data reduction work. If you're not doing any of the above then you're not doing your work the precise way.

Hope this helps.

"please explain me the correct process to do preliminary survey after getting 2 control points from client."

1. Check given control points.
  2.  Two points  not be enough for resection option, because there is a small reversal of the coordinate system(this can be verified in practice), so needs to use the three points and more. Make the development of the existing system of points received new points in this coordinate system. Observing the requirements of accuracy, use one of the methods: traverse(secure a total station, using surveying accessories, least squares analysis) or use GNSS.

There are tons of reading materials in the internet.

Precise Station or point means control point, weather elevation station or coordinate station.

control point is a primary high precision and accuracy.

For starting any project the area should be covered with a primary control points ( must cover the whole area working from the edges to the center according to the terrain and the site plan).

Precise Station if elevation must be established from a precise leveling from the mean sea level using digital level or any high accuracy instrument.

if coordinate must be from GPS with Static program which obtain accuracy -+ 0.6mm ( it will be great if you establish a network with GPS)

After you can establish secondary control points from primary control points using Total Station and so on.

note: GPS coordinate data cannot be used for Total Station directly it needs a transformation or entering grid factor in Total Station.

GPS with +-0.6mm accuracy? What brand? I am a long user of Leica and I don't get any closer to that value. Please let us be factual here if we wish to help.

I think it was Leica 1200+ I worked on, using Static technique taking observation for up to 15 minute and then post processing using Leica Geo Office for correction related to CORS data you can get that accuracy.

0.6mm? Less than 1mm?

yes and even less than 0.6mm if using network observation.

Did you mind reading the GNSS literature? How about your Leica manual? Your tribrach alone can't cope up with your +-0.6mm. Please...

what you mean by literature ?

this tribrach alone using static program and then performing post processing for error elimination, and this photo can explain accuracy(quality)

Download Survey Documents-Members Only
Was this resource helpful? Show your appreciation with a comment below. 

Donations are how we exist and grow for the surveying community worldwide.

RSS

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Land Surveyors Forum

Survey Abstract Coordinates

Started by John J Rodriquez in Introduce Yourself to the Community. Last reply by Kevin D. Allen yesterday. 13 Replies

Control surveying problem

Started by shree ram bhandari in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Billy Brooks yesterday. 11 Replies

Magnetic North Update

Started by Billy Brooks in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by Billy Brooks Feb 6. 2 Replies

AERIAL STEREOSCOPY

Started by Lalith Senanayake in Surveying Related Links. Last reply by shree ram bhandari on Tuesday. 4 Replies

Job Quotation

Started by Nitesh Shrestha in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Nitesh Shrestha Jan 21. 3 Replies

Survey under tree canopy

Started by Massimo in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by Maurice Heter yesterday. 7 Replies

Mean Sea Level (MSL)

Started by Chuck Turlington in Geospatial Industry Types. Last reply by Kim Noblitt Jan 17. 6 Replies

Surface pro

Started by Malik in Surveying Field Tips and Tricks. Last reply by Kevin D. Allen Jan 7. 5 Replies

ROOF PEAK SURVEY

Started by Mthulisi Mloyi in Professional Advice for New Surveyors. Last reply by ⚡Survenator⌁ Jan 4. 2 Replies

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF SKIP FARROW (1953-2015)

Help With Survey Equipment

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Video Categories

Surveying Photo Categories

United States Hub Forums

International Surveyor Hub Forums

Resources for Company Owners

Land Surveyor Social Media

Surveyor Resources Collections

Getting Started & Newsletter

Featured Land Surveyor Hubs

Student Surveyors