Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Land Surveyor

Does anyone know of a video that can walk me through creating line work as you are collecting data in the field, specifically on the Magnet Field program? I have a Topcon Tesla with the Magnet Field program and can't find a tutorial anywhere.

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Land Surveyor

Having not worked with Magnet but several other programs how are you stringing your linework? Does magnet need the code table configured first to tell Magnet what codes are strings and what codes are points?

• Can you please let me know what particular job you were doing? Hope I can help you with your job.

Cheers!

• I don't understand what level of line work you want. Are you wanting line types like dashed etc. or are you saying you just want a line? Like all software it depends on what you code. Are you using codes in your pick up? Once you assign a code you select whether its a line or a point, pretty straight forward. If you are post processing the data for presentation, you can always just select a generic line code and fix it later on your laptop.

• Survey Legend

This video may help with getting set up

• Land Surveyor

I checked with 2 people that I know who use it or used to.  One told me he is waiting for a phone number for support from a former colleague and the other just leaves it alone.  I will forward you the number when I get it.

• Land Surveyor

I had the same issue, among others with Magnet.  I finally gave up and traded it in for Leica's Captivate on the CS20.  I found that the Magnet software wasn't anywhere near user friendly.  I hope you find something.  I still have a few friends that use it.

• Land Surveyor

Thanks for responding.

• Land Surveyor

Can you quiz the people you know on this issue? I don't have a choice in software and am in a satellite office with no one to walk me through it but our engineers want to see the line work.

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives