Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Land Surveyor

I've only always used Topcon GPS and Total stations running Carlson SurvCE and am interested in a used, older but still reliable robotic total station.  In particular, the models that can also be set up as a Smartstation.  I'm not really sure which ones are capable, but I'm looking at TCRP 1203/1205, 1203+/1205+ models.  What is the difference between the plus and non-plus models?  Also, can the older 1103/1105 models be set up as a Smartstation.  And what are the differences between say R100, R400, and R1000's?

Please forgive my ignorance, as Leica is completely foreign to me.

Please weigh in with anything and everything.  

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Land Surveyor

Hi Branch!

Keep in mind, Leica's instruments TPS1200 Series and more recent need the Extended OWI option activated. Otherwise, with Carlson SurvCE (or SurvPC) You will use only basic functions but other commands (e.g. PowerSearch start) will not work.

The large part of TPS are sell without this option, and the upgrade is expansive. So, if You find this instruments, check if the owner is a SurvCE user!

R1000 and R400 are the maximum range (in meters) of EDM in reflectorless mode. So, R1000 can measure in optimal condition up to 1000 meters in RL mode; R400 only 400 meters. 

TPS1100 series doesn't have the handle like SmartStation equipment, but …. SurvCE allows the mixed survey (TPS and GNSS) and… the SmartStation configuration is not so important (IMHO … the receiver above the total station seem like a Christmas Tree …).

Bye

Carlo Alberto

• Land Surveyor
    Hi there. So the main difference between the R’s would be the distance capability of the reflectorless laser. Obvs the R1000 being the better.
    The plus means better lock and atr. If you need spare parts for a non plus instrument you’ll really struggle as they don’t make/supply them anymore. The pluses are a little bit easier to come by (still drying up though)
    Don’t know about smartstarion but will find out. Hope that helps!
    • the + instruments have a better power search on them. If you are going one man make sure you get a RH16/17 radio handle as these will work with the CS20 controller Captivate software.

Further to the previous reply leica have stopped making parts for the whole 1200 range.

Stay away from the 1100 series. They were good in their day but are now prone to breaking down and impossible to repair. Although I don't know  much about smart station I am pretty sure the 1200 series has this capability. If you were in the uk I could sell you one next year when I retire. I have a R400 and R1000.!!

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives