Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Hello dear colleagues. Do you have any experience with Leica builder 509? I am most interested in how the accuracy of 9 seconds is reflected in the job. In the sense of being the most accurate jobs that can be done with this accuracy. And all the other experiences are welcome.

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Marko,

I have never used this gun, so I looked it up and read up on it. I see it is a nine sec. gun.

For the work you are doing I would prefer a 1 to 3 sec instrument. . But your distance comes into play here also

It maybe more important than the angles. Working off 90 degree angle grids may serve you better than Radia layout.

Keep in mind surveyors have help built constrution with high tolerance with less high tech instruments in days gone by.

You can only achieve and need the accuracy of how close it canbe built no matter what is required. 

And keep in mind builders, work off of 90 degree angles and measuring with tapes.

best regards,

billy

• Hi Marko,

Then what is this nine seconds, what does that have to do with this Instrument.There is alot that comes into play when setting ponts

for construction with high tolerance. No matter what the instrument is designed to do. There is always human error, have all devices been pegged?

Have the rods and tribrach been check for error ? ,rod bubbles canbe off,is the gun also been set to read to one second and shoot with high averages.

Or set one 1 or 3 shot. Is it set to laser or infrared setting if available. Can you check the distance with a nickel or stainless steel tapes.

If not, a steel tape with temperture correction applied. Do you have a manual to the instrument.Are your control points set to this accuracy.

There is alot that comes into play with a job like you are doing. I wish you the best of luck, just take your time and do your best and recheck everything.

Best Regards,

billy

• Hi Marko,

Maybe I am confused about what you are asking.Are you asking how much error in a distance would 9 sec. make. longer the distance

the error would increase. What does the Instrument read to. Some will read to 1 sec but it may be a 3 or 5 sec instrument OR is the closure

reflect 9 sec.. in the closing Azimuth.

0°.00'09" in 500 ft. or in152.4 m =0.0218 ft.or 0.00664464 m  Hope this helps. Your going Polar to Rectangular to solve this.

• I do not think we understand each other well. I know how 9 seconds to 100 meters, but I was interested in whether the instrument could achieve greater accuracy than declared, or it is the best possible result.

In short, if I am doing anchor bolts, where the tolerance is 5 mm, and if they are more than 50 m, can not I work for this instrument?

• Survey Legend

Download Lieca-Builder-Series-Manual.pdf

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/2575196920?profile=original
  • Survey Legend

Hey Marko.... you may have more luck asking this question inside the Leica Support Group  You can now actually edit this discussion and move it to the Leica group, provided you have already followed the Hub.

Leica Support Group
    Global Community Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.
This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives