Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Land Surveyor

Hi,

I'am a Leica user and normally I use TPS1200 and Viva series instruments.

For various reason I must perform I survey with a TCR407+. 

Actually I can download data in ASCII, dxf and IDX format. I try to elaborate the data(station point and orientation) with LGO, but I need the raw data from the station (I see on station that all data are recorded in the station momory) someone know how to download the data?

In Viva series I use DBX database.

Thank you so much.

Emanuele

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Land Surveyor

Hi Emanuele

You have to download via cable with USB in the 'leica geo office tools'  the GSI file. This file content the raw data that can be opened in any text file. 

• Land Surveyor

hi dear first you should check cam information baudrate and so same with LGO,second you should install cable driver and c++ and netframework  pre installation softwares aswell.simply you can export your idx or ascii.

goodluck

• Land Surveyor

Buongiorno Emanuele

You can download Leica's TPS400 data in GSI format. The standard GSI FRT on board doesn't contain all kind of data (e.g. instrumental height …), so it's better use the LW300 (or similar) format. It's complaint with all softwares. If You need the FRT file, ask to me here.

La serie TCR407 scarica dati direttamente in formato GSI (è possibile comunque creare un formato FRT in LGO per adattare l'export).

Con il formato GSI standard dello strumento alcuni dati si perdono (ad esempio, l'altezza strumentale).

Conviene utilizzare un formato più simile possibile al vecchio LW300 (quello del Leica WinDriver).

In questo modo ci sarà la definizione della stazione completa e anche la codifica dei punti battuti.

Se ti serve il file di formato per esportare un GSI compatibile con i diversi software, scrivimi pure qui in bacheca (e, se vuoi, specifica il software che stai usando).

Bye!

Buon lavoro

Carlo Alberto

• Land Surveyor

Hi Carlo Alberto,

Yes, the problem is exacly that I lost the setup data. If is possible I would like change station position coordinate.

Ciao,

il problema è proprio che il file GSI mi perde i parametri che mi permettono di operare nella finestra TPS processing. Essenzialmente vorrei cambiare le coordinate della stazione (ho lavorato pensando che avrei avuto un punto in LGO che rappresenta la stazione, invece ho solo i punti battuti).

Potresti farmi avere il file da caricare sulla stazione? Non è urgente avrò accesso alla 407 solo a fine agosto tornando in Turchia.

Grazie.

Emanuele

• Land Surveyor

Ciao Emanuele

If You are using LGO Tools, it can't recompute the point coordinates. It needs a licensed LGO with dongle ... or You may use an old WinDriver! In this case, pls upload the attached FRT file in your TCR407 before download the job data.

Se puoi usare solo LGO Tools non ricalcolerai le coordinate dei punti. Ti serve una versione licenziata di LGO (quella con chiave hardware). Rimanendo in ambito Leica, se hai la possibilità di scaricarti il WinDriver (era scritto per Win98, ma funziona bene ancora fino a Win7) puoi utilizzare il formato LW300 che ti allego. WinDriver ti genera anche il DXF dei punti battuti. Se non trovi il programma mandami un PM così ti invio il link dal GoogleDrive.

Bye

Carlo Alberto

LW300.frt

http://api.ning.com:80/files/y-Eca2HWrdkxsUSMj6HujwPA4741vkgNEIUOis5tTZxb9X60%2ACghjCPRiWyPhKZDkQvg…
  • Sorry I think I misunderstood your questions. Sounds like you will need to create a suitable format file and upload that on to the instrument.
    • Do you use a format file with your 1200? That might do the job.
  • Do you have a download cable and driver if its a usb type?
    With the 705 you could use 'leica geo office tools' if you can find it. LGO might do it, I'm not sure. Otherwise hyper terminal is your friend. You will need to set parity, baud rate etc, details should be in the manual.
  • Student Surveyor

Hi Emanuele,

I might be not the right person for this topic, because I'm more interested in Trimble but as far as I can remember we exported RAW data from our MS60 at university by exporting the whole job file? But no clue if this works with older total stations as well and we used Leica Infinity for the calculations.

Hope that helps you

Marius

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives