Hi this is me shreeram. I hope you guys help me out with this problem

surveying problem

This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 714

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Download Survey Documents-Members Only
Was this resource helpful? Show your appreciation with a comment below. 

Donations are how we exist and grow for the surveying community worldwide.

☇ Reply to this

Replies to This Discussion

Line BC is wrong by 10.00 meters

Can u send me the solution

How do we determine that mistake is in that line. Can u please send me the solution

Download Survey Documents-Members Only
Was this resource helpful? Show your appreciation with a comment below. 

Donations are how we exist and grow for the surveying community worldwide.

Please see the attached pdf for the findings. 

Hope this helps 

Thank you so much. It did helped me. I appreciate your help

Hi 

The line BC is most probably the error.

Plot your work points a through f and back to a which we call a'

Take a join(inverse) a to a' and compare the direction to your traverse

Mine came close to BC direction but I didn't tweek the answer because I couldn't be bothered to try and re read poorly written numbers!

Why are you guys doing his homework for him?

Hi Shreeram,

This problem you are being told that the mistake is in a distance of one of the lines. But a lot of data is missing in the result's of the field data. The interior angles do add up to 720. (n - 2) x 180 degree's  where n is the number of sides (6) ,( 6-2) x 180=720. Since you know you are looking for a (1) distance mistake, a traverse must close from both directions. So if you start at POB A and BS B and FS F with your Azimuth's reversed,a closed traverse should be the same.The closing error was 10 m,with a Azimuth similar to line BC as others have told you to check this line or any similar to it first.When you get to the new C, inverse to B you will find your 10 m mistake. Continue on to A for your closure and you will see it will close better. Also your data does not show a closing Azimuth in the first calculations this may have been because it is just a problem, if that is the case. If there is more than one mistake a solution my not be found. Sometimes a Traverse has to be rerun and all data rechecked, so care must be taken to be sure of your measurements. That is what a Surveyor is, someone who is sure of his or her measurements in todays world.

Thank you. I appreciate

Glad to help. and thanks for the shout back.

RSS

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Land Surveyors Forum

Promark3 rtk

Started by Joseph Mugo in Surveying Field Tips and Tricks. Last reply by Mark Siegenthaler 9 hours ago. 2 Replies

Online Land Surveying courses

Started by Mathews Obiero in Professional Advice for New Surveyors. Last reply by ⚡Survenator⌁ 9 hours ago. 1 Reply

modern method of stereo model

Started by shree ram bhandari in Surveying Documents. Last reply by ⚡Survenator⌁ yesterday. 1 Reply

Survey Abstract Coordinates

Started by John J Rodriquez in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by James Barnett 6 hours ago. 17 Replies

Control surveying problem

Started by shree ram bhandari in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Billy Brooks Feb 16. 11 Replies

Magnetic North Update

Started by Billy Brooks in Surveying Best Practices. Last reply by Billy Brooks Feb 6. 2 Replies

AERIAL STEREOSCOPY

Started by Lalith Senanayake in Surveying Related Links. Last reply by shree ram bhandari Feb 12. 4 Replies

Job Quotation

Started by Nitesh Shrestha in Land Surveying Jobs. Last reply by Nitesh Shrestha Jan 21. 3 Replies

Mean Sea Level (MSL)

Started by Chuck Turlington in Geospatial Industry Types. Last reply by Kim Noblitt Jan 17. 6 Replies

Surface pro

Started by Malik in Surveying Field Tips and Tricks. Last reply by Kevin D. Allen Jan 7. 5 Replies

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF SKIP FARROW (1953-2015)

Help With Survey Equipment

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Video Categories

Surveying Photo Categories

United States Hub Forums

International Surveyor Hub Forums

Resources for Company Owners

Land Surveyor Social Media

Surveyor Resources Collections

Getting Started & Newsletter

Featured Land Surveyor Hubs

Surveyor Birthdays