The purpose of this thread is to start a healthy discussion about the applications/tools/utilities needed by a survey professional as a cloud/online application.
Some fellows suggested the following tools to be developed and make available to survey professionals as online applications
1. coordinate transformations from different geographic and projected systems
2. Processing of Total station files
3. Plotting of survey data files in CAD/GIS files.
4. Traverse adjustment
5. leveling computations
6. 3D modeling of survey data
7. TIN and contour generation
8. Geodesic, geoid and ellipsoidal calculations
9. Cross section and longitudinal cross sections
10. Corrections to Total station data applicable under different atmospheric conditions
11. scale factor application to grid and ground coordinates
I am looking for your ideas and suggestions. feel free to discuss about the applications/utilities/tools needed for survey professional to be developed as online services.