Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Can someone explain to me the difference?  I'm potentially buying a R8 with 430-450 internal radio and a HPB450 with the same.  Will I be compliant with FCC?  Thanks.

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• GEO Ambassador

As long as the external radio is a Trimble as well, now there will be internal freqs set up from 0 to 5 for your channels..they have to match each other. They come with initiate freqs from the factory, and those are standard and commonly used by trucks, boats, handle radios etc. the FCC will sale you your own freqs that will isolate you from getting stepped on, causing you to loose lock/ or fix solution. If your not going to purchase from the FCC you will need to get you a radio/scanner from radio shack for about $85 that will scan freqs. You can dial your freqs in and see if you are getting noise or not....this can make a large difference in you having a productive GPS ay or not.

If the R8 and the ext. radio are coming from the same source, then they have likely been paired. If not you will have to set them up with the utility program, that lets you look ind=side the radios.

Hope this helps let me know if you have additional questions.

Skip Farroiw

• yes the system is used and is part of a working environment. The external radio and rover were originally bought together.  Not questioning whether they will work together.  I was told that 430-450 were usually Government frequencies and the 450-470 were more common in private survey companies.  I just don't want to buy something that I'm not suppose to be using.  As far as FCC 25mhz width......I don't think the external radio is compliant with that.  I'm in really rural areas and don't think I will have much trouble.  Thoughts?

• GEO Ambassador

sorry i read your question wrong...i'm almost positive the HPB450 is a 35watt ext. base radio and it is not compliant with the current FCC 25 watt new rule. Also most of the ones we use are 450-470. 

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives