This is an interesting discussion and lecture which gets interesting around the 12 minute mark
It's true. Don't believe me? Go out onto the street and ask them about Geomatics. You'll get some weird looks. The video above was from a talk I gave to the SAIT Geomatics Engineering Technology class in early December 2012. My goal with the presentation wasn't to scare them away from Geomatics but to get them to think about Geomatics in a different manner.

I'm not trying to belittle Geomatics. I've been in the industry since 2000 and have staked my entire career on Geomatics. I have an engineering degree in Geomatics and own a Geomatics company (but I don't call it a Geomatics company) so my stake in Geomatics is pretty high. But I think the Geomatics industry needs to evolve. I think the industry needs to stop thinking about Geomatics being something unique, in its own industry, requiring its own set of fancy words to describe what it does.

Click here for the rest of the blog entry:

Info about the presenter:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------­-------------
ASD Inc. LINKS:

WEBSITE: http://www.advancedspatialdesign.com

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/ASDIncYYC
GOOGLE +: http://bit.ly/GplusASDIncYYC
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/ASDIncYYC

LINKEDIN: http://bit.ly/ASDIncLinkedIN
PINTEREST: http://pinterest.com/asdincyyc/

This Content Originally Published to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 237

Subject Keywords related to this post (add as many as you like): GPS, conference, engineering, geomatics, geospatial, More…industry, lecture, professional, surveyors, talk

Say Something ⇣

Global Trade organization for Professional Land Surveyors and Geospatial Pros. Frictionless GeoCollaboration Surveying Forum and Groups

Surveyor Hubs and Tags

Surveyor Community Hubs For World Regions

Surveying Hubs For US States

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Photos by Tag

Surveying Videos by Tag

+ Surveyor Sharer

Drag Button to bookmark bar and view submitted links here.Will soon be moved to a directory

What You Missed

LSU Justin replied to pasha's discussion electronic vial in total station
"not sure i understand about the "vial" you speak of.. can you snap a photo and upload it…"
1 hour ago
LSU Justin promoted sanju s rathod's discussion Cross Section Maker
2 hours ago
LSU Justin's group was featured
Land Survey Media Thumbnail

Surveyors Online Toolbox

Surveyors Online Toolbox will help you accomplish your online tasks with handy tools. In this group…See More
6 hours ago
LSU Justin promoted Sadik Spahiu's discussion Google earth
6 hours ago
LSU Justin replied to Sadik Spahiu's discussion Google earth
"Lots of software and tutorials inside the Surveyors Online Toolbox for this"
6 hours ago
LSU Justin commented on D. Pubudu Herath's status
"Nice!"
6 hours ago
pasha's discussion was featured

precise station in survey work

dear all,im new to survey work.i need to know that what is precise station carrying process in…See More
6 hours ago
"no need to apologize.. i just wanna help you find some help brother..no worries"
6 hours ago
Kasoa suveyor posted a status
"I am doing my final school project on level of urbanization using Landsat images... i need help"
11 hours ago
"I feel sorry for my behaviour. I am really sorry. but thanks."
13 hours ago
Sauvik Chandra replied to Sauvik Chandra's discussion Hello everyone, Please help me out. in the group Surveyor Relocation
"Thank you so much for your concern. I think I have already added much details in the discussion…"
13 hours ago
Sadik Spahiu posted a discussion

Google earth

Can anyone help me with a software to export me drawings to google earthSee More
13 hours ago
Bhupendra Raj Gorkhali promoted Bhupendra Raj Gorkhali's profile
20 hours ago
LSU Justin promoted Sauvik Chandra's discussion Hello everyone, Please help me out.
21 hours ago
LSU Justin replied to Sauvik Chandra's discussion Hello everyone, Please help me out. in the group Surveyor Relocation
"I embedded it here on our faceboo page which may generate some answers.  My advice would be to…"
21 hours ago
"Surveyors have little time on the internet so don't get discouraged when someone doesn't…"
21 hours ago
LSU Justin commented on Art's photo
Land Survey Media Thumbnail

Topcon base after bush fire 3

"wow...did you have to run from the fire? "
yesterday
LSU Justin promoted Art's photo
yesterday
Art's photo was featured

Topcon base after bush fire 3

That was a Topcon base
yesterday
Profile IconThere are 7613 members on Land Surveyors United ::
yesterday

Take This Page With You

Take this Page With You

QR Code for This Page: What is this?

Surveyor Support