International Land Surveyors Week 2018 Info

Is your country or state not listed? let us know or check in here

Check In #ISW18

This tutorial is meant to teach or show how you can georeference and digitize raster spatial data with ArcGIS.
Easily understood and interesting to watch and comprehend!!

This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 184

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Communicate ⇣

Comments Welcome Surveyor!   Please Sign in or register to continue.

Follow Land Surveyors United

Reply by Oluwafemi Muyideen Olaiya on August 20, 2015 at 10:44pm

Map,plan and chart are used for various significant purposes that we all know.

I'm sure we all know how important they are for decision making.

Do you know that you can produce well coordinated map, plan and chart by georeferencing??

In fact do you know that georeferencing can be use as data source for GIS database management system for sustainable land management system??

I guess you have realize how useful it is...

Reply by Oluwafemi Muyideen Olaiya on August 7, 2015 at 3:06am
You are welcome! It my pleasure to share knowledge, experience and idea.
In my country will make used of RTK as well as I-Target instruments.
But for price of equipment I have no accurate idea because I haven't deal with sales and purchase of equipment.
I will appreciate if someone who has an accurate idea of price of equipment for both new and second hand to contribute to that.
Reply by simon raymond on August 7, 2015 at 1:17am
Its really clear now and I truly agree with you .thanks

May be one other thing we have shortage of RTk equipments in my country does your country deal in them especially 2nd hand, coz would they a little cheaper for me and how much? Thx
Reply by Oluwafemi Muyideen Olaiya on August 6, 2015 at 4:46pm
With the understandable explanation, I can assure you that the accuracy of the result of the georeferenced raster map in your country will be very near accurate with a little bit discrepancy (acceptable discrepancy).
So for the overlapping you mentioned, if the appropriate reference datum for your country was chosen during the georeferencing processed then the overlapping result should be minimal.
So I will suggest that the issue of overlapping could be generated from the reference datum if you are sure of the accuracy of the coordinates of the georeferenced map.
So back to your question, I will answer that the accuracy of georefernced map is accurately acceptable when all the precision procedures are been taken care during the georeferencing process.
If there is any more you need help feel free to let me know
Reply by simon raymond on August 6, 2015 at 11:34am
Archgis software...but if you could some light here..in my country recently georeferenced all cadastral maps with the intention in mind that captured field data using existing ground control for new surveyed pieces of land would fit perfectly well in the georeferenced maps, something I was not comfortable with and indeed there were overlaps...thus the earlier question. Of how accurate is georeferenced. Data.....
Reply by Oluwafemi Muyideen Olaiya on August 6, 2015 at 10:37am

Raymond are you satisfied with the answer I gave you? if yes reply :yes and otherwise let me know the aspect you need help.

Thanks!

Reply by Oluwafemi Muyideen Olaiya on August 6, 2015 at 9:08am

What software do you intend to used for your georeferencing?

How accurate is the geographical coordinate of the rater data you intend to georeference?

Then you can predict the accuracy the coordinate of the piece of the new land

Reply by simon raymond on August 6, 2015 at 8:57am
How accurate is georeferenced data when used for cadastral surveying of a new piece of land?
Reply by Oluwafemi Muyideen Olaiya on August 4, 2015 at 8:08pm

Nice tutorial video for geo-spatial professional

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

Surveyor Community Hubs For World Regions

Surveying Hubs For US States

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Photos by Tag

Surveying Videos by Tag

BMC logoSupport Us! +LandSurveyorsUnitedon Google+

Next Generation Land Surveyor Community Where Every Day is a Surveying Conference