The new Algiz 10X rugged tablet has earned plenty of industry praise since its October 2012 launch. Here's a quick tour of the device alongside the popular Algiz 7 so you can see how the two compare in size.
The Algiz 10X rugged tablet PC is a rugged mobile device for field professionals. Its large, 10.1-inch touchscreen provides the best screen visibility on the market which means that it's perfect for displaying detailed maps and other visuals even in bright sunlight.
The powerful Algiz 10X is IP65-rated and meets stringent MIL-STD-810G military standards for protecting against dust, water, vibrations, drops, extreme temperatures and varying altitudes.
• A powerful Intel Atom N2800 dual-core processor with 4 GB of DDR3 RAM, 64 or 128 GB SSD disk expandable via microSD for massive storage capacity.
• Runs Windows 7 Ultimate, and is ready for Windows 8.
• 10.1" brilliant display with the latest generation of MaxView technology.
• Integrated u-blox GPS receiver and WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS capability
• Bluetooth 4.0
• WLAN 802.11 b/g/n and it is WWAN Gobi 3000-ready with fully integrated modem and antennas for wireless connectivity.
• Built-in 5-megapixel camera with LED flash
• Several connectivity opportunities, including waterproof USB 2.0, VGA and RS232 ports.
• Lightweight at just 1.3 kg (2.9 lbs), and it is only 32 mm (1.2") thick.
Like all of Handheld's lineup of rugged PDAs, smartphones and mobile computers, the Algiz 10X is specifically developed for field workers in industries such as geomatics, logistics, forestry, public transportation, utilities, construction, maintenance, mining, military and security.
For more detailed product information, go to: http://www.handheldeurope.com/regions/eu/algiz-10x.asp
This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network