Hello there surveyors of the world!

I am Dimitris and posting my problem - question fron Greece.

The last 7 years i am a very happy owner of a pair ProMark 500 L1/L2 RTK (base - rover).

The last month i saw some communication problems between base and rover.

The age (sec) on my rover was going up and up reaching 30sec and the back to 1 sec, up to 60 sec and then to 3 sec, sometimes reaching 300sec and DGPS without connection.

The distance between base - rover was 50 meters with view one eachother!!!

I asked a friend to give me his pacific crest modem for my rover and the problem disappeared.

So i need your help here.

Is there any possibility to solve the problem with a new frequency setting of my modem?

Is there any possibility to find a new or used radio receiver kit (pacific crest 80206830 430 - 450 Mhz, 12.5 khz) like mine because the dealer here says that the company doesnt support so old GPS and i will have to buy the whole communication stuff from the begining!!!

Thanks for reading my problem an i look forward to hear some good news from anybody!

This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 410

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Replies to This Discussion

Have you considered taking it to a radio repair shop.  It might be a problem as simple as a broken connection or one of those push on connectors that has corroded or come loose.  If it cannot be repaired the radio repair shop might be able to find a replacement radio module for you.

Phil, thanks for the answer!

It was my first thought but i cant find any radio repair shop here in Greece so far!

I will search more!

Thanks!

EBay.com - used radio

RSS

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF SKIP FARROW (1953-2015)

Social Support For Equipment

© 2018   © Created by Land Surveyors United   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact LSU  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service