Hello,

I have a big problem with Leica 805 power. After a faulty update. the machine turn on and keep beeping with a error message 'FATAL ERROR". I'm working in the middle of the desert and I must fix it. Can you please help me to put the total station to upload mode in order to load the firmware. Any help will b appreciated.

Best regards

This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 962

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

Replies to This Discussion

Take a look at the attached document and let us know if it helps.. there is a section about Fatal errors..

Download Survey Documents-Members Only
Was this resource helpful? Show your appreciation with a comment below. 

Donations are how we exist and grow for the surveying community worldwide.

Hello Adil, I just look at my manual,  it does not give that exact error message  ,only system error,and fault error, on these it says service department. But have you tried to access the menu, have you remove the batteries and cut the instrument on,Some times you can short the batteries contact of course batteries remove and turn instrument on , this will reset and clear all null bites in program memory have you tried to hold down the menu key and push the on button and release at same time.And try this ,cut the gun off and press each key one at a time and push the on button and release at same time,also try pushing two keys and on button at the same time then release. Manual do not always give access direction to instrument configuration  menu, the companies stop doing this. You said you were applying  a update , was this off the internet  from Leica site.what method was you using,and the upgrade failed.and now the instrument want initialize,i know you turn the barrel to start the program ,and the gun stays on but shows error and beeps , so this is not a power problem the gun is staying on. You may have a main frame program error .In this case only a service department can fix it.the program has to be reinstalled,I do not think they down load this you, but go on line get their contact phone, if they can not help you on line maybe you can talk to someone on the phone.

billy

Hello Adil,  What is this firmware  you speak of , is this a cd, dvd  are some other format, is this what cause the problem ,or is this the same program or the original program, or a back up  to install on the instrument. The cmos may have a problem. some times you have to have cd or dvd to get to this setup program. but  i do not know because the gun will not initialize. but some times you need the setup disk to fix this, since you can not  access the menu to go to upload mode this may be the only way  , but do  what i told you to do first, if you can get the menu to come up you can go to upload mode.

billy

Hello again Adil, I like to know if you have a manual to this instrument.The keys i want you to hold down  and turn on or the yellow this is the input keys, next or the orange this is program and functions. Are yours this color, and are the fix keys grey and the control keys green.the  prog. key  calls up on board apps. menu key calls main menu, short press. and a long press calls up configuration menu is this how yours works. Have you  tried pressing the  ESC key this should stop all function and delete error messages . this will also interrupts active  function. Do know how to clear all memory  if you can get to it. let me know what you find out it my help me.

Billy

billy

Thank you for your answer.I couldn't find anything about my issue in that document as it"s all about disto and I have a leica TCR805 total station. I need a way to reloid the firmware into the machine. It must be a key combination or something to put it back to upload mode.  For now it turn one and get stuck on "BOOT DETECTION ERROR,SAPP/TOPS overlap, Fatal error". Help please !!

Hello Adil, Have you tried going to the Leica web site and getting technical support. There has to be a way to

reset back to default setting, on boot  Go here they have always help me.

billy

www.leica-geosytems.us/en/-Total-Station-TPS_4207.htm

Hello Billy, thank you for the link,Yes I tried every combination but no success (I didn't try to short-cut the battery, I don't want to make it worse). I don't know exactly how to clear memory as the machine is stuck on that screen. I pretty sure there is a way to fix it I just need to know how to put it back into upload mode

Download Survey Documents-Members Only
Was this resource helpful? Show your appreciation with a comment below. 

Donations are how we exist and grow for the surveying community worldwide.

Hello Adil,  I did not want you to do anything to the batteries I am talking about the contacts on the instrument. You remove the batteries ,now there is no electricity  now. So this can not hurt the instrument because no power is going through it understand.  Now take a paper clip or any metal object like wire, I have even use coins, (when they are close ) that conducts elect. now touch the contacts on the instrument  and press the on button.  Any time you remove the batteries out of the instrument  or any electrical device that has a stored memory it has a capacitor this has a small electrical charge, this is a DC current, this is what keeps your memory from being erased. what you are doing is cutting it off. I have used paper clips because most of the time you have one.When i used the HP 48gx calculator  as a data collector, it has a reset hole on the back ,you bend the clip strait and push it the the hole to reset the calculator so i have always had one. So this can be  bent to match the contacts on the instrument  This may or may not fix it but it worth the try, Sometimes this will fix the problem . But i think the cmos has become corrupted . I still like to know what this up grade was . You do not have a manual , when you get it fix  you need to get one Talk to Leica about that to, they may send you one.Only  a  registered  owner,sales person or repair tech can download it.Sorry about your problem some times there are things you can not fix in the field . You need to learn  how to clear the memory this means there are a lot of null bites stored in the gun if it has not been clear in a long time, it needs to be cleared this will make It work better and faster. when you get it fixed, i will help you with this. Also did you try pushing esc, also i just looked at your pic of the display  . i could not make out all of it,i could make out apps but tell me  what it says. after that. talk to you again soon.

billy

Hello, I tried to short cut the contact of the station but nothing happened.The issue happened when I was tying to add another language to the machine and  the Pc went to sleep. I also tried many key combination but no success. 

Adil

HI  Adil, I still need to know every think that is wrote on the error boot message.All i can make out is app, something ...tops or top and it looks like over ride or over turn. I can not tell. but if it's what i think it says it, is talking about the program that waits for you to turn the barrel over has a problem talking to or talking back to start or to finish the boot. this means that something has happen to corrupted  the pathways  between the programs this is what it may be.Have you talk to anyone from Leica yet. The instructions i gave you on the keys or some they will not tell you in the manual. The main menu is where you clear all data, I think #4 or # 5  then,1,2,3  select, but i will help with that  when this problem is solve. Let me know what it said and what Leica tells you.

billy

HI Adil, These key instruction are things that Leica will not tell you. They keep these instruction to themselves these are programs for the technician to use. They started keeping these to themselves  a few years ago , because  they did not want unqualified  people getting access to this programs.. Little things like grounding of contacts this also clears null bites so this helped although it did not help your problem. They keep things like this to themselves.  Your problem is with your software i do not think  it electrical or mechanical  although it could be. You may have to get another inst. and get this one fix. You never know what can go wrong, it may need a part. Electronics any thing can go wrong. But  when you get it going again let me know and i will help check all the settings and tell how to use the test programs and etc... clear all your data if it is not been done and the other settings.  If you want the help.   

keep in touch    billy.

hi Billy;

first of all, thank you for all your effort. i can not access the main menu as the machine give that message once I push the ON button "Boot detection error, SAPP_TOPS overlap, fatal error". I was trying to uploaad the firmware from my Pc when that happened. can you explain to me how I can get to the main menu on that machine ?

Adil

RSS

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Dedicated to the Memory of Skip Farrow (1953-2015)

+ Surveyor Sharer

Drag Button to bookmark bar and view submitted links here.Will soon be moved to a directory

AFGHANISTAN SURVEYORS ALBANIA SURVEYORS ALGERIA SURVEYORS AMERICAN SAMOA SURVEYORS ANDORRA SURVEYORS
ANGOLA SURVEYORS ANGUILLA SURVEYORS ANTIGUA & BARBUDA SURVEYORS ARGENTINA SURVEYORS ARMENIA SURVEYORS
ARUBA SURVEYORS AUSTRALIA SURVEYORS AUSTRIA SURVEYORS AZERBAIJAN SURVEYORS BAHAMAS SURVEYORS
BAHRAIN SURVEYORS BANGLADESH SURVEYORS BARBADOS SURVEYORS BELARUS SURVEYORS BELGIUM SURVEYORS
BELIZE SURVEYORS BENIN SURVEYORS BERMUDA SURVEYORS BHUTAN SURVEYORS BOLIVIA SURVEYORS
BOSNIA & HERZEGOWINA SURVEYORS BOTSWANA SURVEYORS BRAZIL SURVEYORS BRITISH INDIAN OCEAN TERRITORY SURVEYORS
BRUNEI DARUSSALAM SURVEYORS BULGARIA SURVEYORS BURKINA FASO SURVEYORS BURUNDI SURVEYORS CAMBODIA SURVEYORS
CAMEROON SURVEYORS CANADA SURVEYORS CAPE VERDE SURVEYORS CAYMAN ISLANDS SURVEYORS CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC SURVEYORS
CHAD SURVEYORS CHILE SURVEYORS CHINA SURVEYORS COLOMBIA SURVEYORS COMOROS SURVEYORS
CONGO SURVEYORS DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO SURVEYORS COOK ISLANDS SURVEYORS COSTA RICA SURVEYORS COTE D'IVOIRE SURVEYORS
CROATIA SURVEYORS CUBA SURVEYORS CURACAO SURVEYORS CYPRUS SURVEYORS CZECH REPUBLIC SURVEYORS
DENMARK SURVEYORS DJIBOUTI SURVEYORS DOMINICA SURVEYORS DOMINICAN REPUBLIC SURVEYORS ECUADOR SURVEYORS
EGYPT SURVEYORS EL SALVADOR SURVEYORS EQUATORIAL GUINEA SURVEYORS ERITREA SURVEYORS ESTONIA SURVEYORS
ETHIOPIA SURVEYORS EUROPEAN UNION SURVEYORS FAROE ISLANDS SURVEYORS FIJI SURVEYORS FINLAND SURVEYORS
FRANCE SURVEYORS FRENCH GUIANA SURVEYORS FRENCH POLYNESIA SURVEYORS GABON SURVEYORS GAMBIA SURVEYORS
GEORGIA SURVEYORS GERMANY SURVEYORS GHANA SURVEYORS GIBRALTAR SURVEYORS GREECE SURVEYORS
GREENLAND SURVEYORS GRENADA SURVEYORS GUADELOUPE SURVEYORS GUAM SURVEYORS GUATEMALA SURVEYORS
GUERNSEY SURVEYORS GUINEA SURVEYORS GUINEA-BISSAU SURVEYORS GUYANA SURVEYORS HAITI SURVEYORS
HOLY SEE SURVEYORS HONDURAS SURVEYORS HONG KONG SURVEYORS HUNGARY SURVEYORS ICELAND SURVEYORS
INDIA SURVEYORS INDONESIA SURVEYORS IRAN SURVEYORS IRAQ SURVEYORS IRELAND SURVEYORS
ISLE OF MAN SURVEYORS ISRAEL SURVEYORS ITALY SURVEYORS JAMAICA SURVEYORS JAPAN SURVEYORS
JERSEY SURVEYORS JORDAN SURVEYORS KAZAKHSTAN SURVEYORS KENYA SURVEYORS KIRIBATI SURVEYORS
KOREA SURVEYORS KOREA REPUBLIC OF SURVEYORS KUWAIT SURVEYORS KYRGYZSTAN SURVEYORS LAO PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC SURVEYORS
LATVIA SURVEYORS LEBANON SURVEYORS LESOTHO SURVEYORS LIBERIA SURVEYORS LIBYAN ARAB JAMAHIRIYA SURVEYORS
LIECHTENSTEIN SURVEYORS LITHUANIA SURVEYORS LUXEMBOURG SURVEYORS MACAU SURVEYORS MACEDONIA SURVEYORS
MADAGASCAR SURVEYORS MALAWI SURVEYORS MALAYSIA SURVEYORS MALDIVES SURVEYORS MALI SURVEYORS
MALTA SURVEYORS MARSHALL ISLANDS SURVEYORS MARTINIQUE SURVEYORS MAURITANIA SURVEYORS MAURITIUS SURVEYORS
MAYOTTE SURVEYORS MEXICO SURVEYORS MICRONESIA SURVEYORS MOLDOVA SURVEYORS MONACO SURVEYORS
MONGOLIA SURVEYORS MONTENEGRO SURVEYORS MONTSERRAT SURVEYORS MOROCCO SURVEYORS MOZAMBIQUE SURVEYORS
MYANMAR SURVEYORS NAMIBIA SURVEYORS NAURU SURVEYORS NEPAL SURVEYORS NETHERLANDS SURVEYORS
NEW CALEDONIA SURVEYORS NEW ZEALAND SURVEYORS NICARAGUA SURVEYORS NIGER SURVEYORS NIGERIA SURVEYORS
NIUE SURVEYORS NON-SPEC ASIA PAS LOCATION SURVEYORS NORFOLK ISLAND SURVEYORS NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS SURVEYORS NORWAY SURVEYORS
OMAN SURVEYORS PAKISTAN SURVEYORS PALAU SURVEYORS PALESTINIAN TERRITORY OCCUPIED SURVEYORS PANAMA SURVEYORS
PAPUA NEW GUINEA SURVEYORS PARAGUAY SURVEYORS PERU SURVEYORS PHILIPPINES SURVEYORS POLAND SURVEYORS
PORTUGAL SURVEYORS PUERTO RICO SURVEYORS QATAR SURVEYORS RESERVED SURVEYORS REUNION SURVEYORS
ROMANIA SURVEYORS RUSSIAN FEDERATION SURVEYORS RWANDA SURVEYORS SAINT KITTS & NEVIS SURVEYORS SAINT LUCIA SURVEYORS
SAINT MARTIN SURVEYORS SAINT VINCENT & THE GRENADINES SURVEYORS SAMOA SURVEYORS SAN MARINO SURVEYORS SAO TOME & PRINCIPE SURVEYORS
SAUDI ARABIA SURVEYORS SENEGAL SURVEYORS SERBIA SURVEYORS SEYCHELLES SURVEYORS SIERRA LEONE SURVEYORS
SINGAPORE SURVEYORS SINT MAARTEN SURVEYORS SLOVAKIA (SLOVAK REPUBLIC) SURVEYORS SLOVENIA SURVEYORS SOLOMON ISLANDS SURVEYORS
SOMALIA SURVEYORS SOUTH AFRICA SURVEYORS SOUTH SUDAN SURVEYORS SPAIN SURVEYORS SRI LANKA SURVEYORS
ST. PIERRE AND MIQUELON SURVEYORS SUDAN SURVEYORS SURINAME SURVEYORS SWAZILAND SURVEYORS SWEDEN SURVEYORS
SWITZERLAND SURVEYORS SYRIAN ARAB REPUBLIC SURVEYORS TAIWAN; REPUBLIC OF CHINA (ROC) SURVEYORS TAJIKISTAN SURVEYORS TANZANIA UNITED REPUBLIC OF SURVEYORS
THAILAND SURVEYORS TIMOR-LESTE SURVEYORS TOGO SURVEYORS TOKELAU SURVEYORS TONGA SURVEYORS
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO SURVEYORS TUNISIA SURVEYORS TURKEY SURVEYORS TURKMENISTAN SURVEYORS TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS SURVEYORS
TUVALU SURVEYORS UGANDA SURVEYORS UKRAINE SURVEYORS UNITED ARAB EMIRATES SURVEYORS UNITED KINGDOM SURVEYORS
UNITED STATES SURVEYORS URUGUAY SURVEYORS UZBEKISTAN SURVEYORS VANUATU SURVEYORS VENEZUELA SURVEYORS
VIET NAM SURVEYORS VIRGIN ISLANDS (BRITISH) SURVEYORS VIRGIN ISLANDS (U.S.) SURVEYORS WALLIS AND FUTUNA ISLANDS SURVEYORS YEMEN SURVEYORS
ZAMBIA SURVEYORS ZIMBABWE SURVEYORS SURVEYORS

Location Based Surveying Practices

Land Surveyors United is the world's FIRST Global Social Network for geospatial professionals. We have dedicated, geolocated support groups for practically every country, continent and state on earth, for you to utilize for building your personal network. We are all essentially concerned with the same issues, no matter where we are located on earth. However, surveying practices and methods vary depending on the geographic location where we work. If you have noticed similarities and differences between the conditions, laws and practices between two or more areas of the world,discuss it in this forum. Build your reputation online by posting relevant discussions in your local group below.

Join and Introduce Yourself in Your Local Geosocial Forum:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California
Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia
Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa
Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland
Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri
Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey
New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio
Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina
South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont
Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming

Not based in the US? Here are other groups for surveyors around the world to join and contribute knowledge and experiences as a land surveyor:

Africa Asia Australia Europe Russia Canada
Antarctica S.America N. America India Malaysia Caribbean

And more... Find your group forum based on location.

Choose Your Equipment Group Here

Handheld US Social Support for Land SurveyorsNIKON Social Support for Land SurveyorsTrimble Social Support for Land SurveyorsTopcon Social Support for Land SurveyorsSokkia Social Support for Land SurveyorsAshtech Social Support for Land SurveyorsNAVCOM Social Support for Land SurveyorsMagellan Social Support for Land SurveyorsLeica Social Support for Land SurveyorsAltus Positioning Social Support for Land SurveyorsMicroSurvey Social Support for Land SurveyorsJuniper Systems Social Support for Land SurveyorsTraverse PC Social Support for Land SurveyorsCarlson Software Social Support for Land Surveyors

what where  
job title, keywords or company
city, state or zip jobs by job search

PLEASE DONATE TODAY. Your generosity preserves surveying and mapping knowledge for future generations. Thank you.

Survey Equipment Troubles?

Geo Visitors Map

Choose Your Group Here

Surveying Equipment Support for Leica, Carlson, Sokkia, Trimble, Topcon, Altus, Nikon equipment

Surveyor Birthdays

Surveyor Birthdays Today

Surveyor Birthdays Tomorrow

© 2017   © Created by Land Surveyors United   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact LSU  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

Live Support