Africa Asia North America Europe South America Middle East Oceania +Add a Story

Survey Earth in a Day 7

Remeasuring the entire planet in a single day as a community of Land Surveyors

Visit Post

How to use the new Surveying Jobs Board

Find and Post Available Surveying Jobs

Learn about Jobs Board

Land Surveyor Submitted Photos

See through the eyes of other surveyors, worldwide.

Featured Photos

Surveying Videos

Learn Something New Everyday

Surveying Tutorials

If you are a land surveyor who would like to contribute to the community's collective knowledge, here is where you get started.

Sign me up!

I'm interested what software do you use for making topographical plans? Something similar like this:

http://www.midlandsurvey.co.uk/images/examples/TOPOGRAPHICAL-WOOD-L...

I currently use software build on autodesk, but I would like to try some alternatives. Thanks for sharing.

This Content Originally Published by a land surveyor to Land Surveyors United Network

Views: 585

See Your Saved Posts Timeline

☇ Reply to this

Replies to This Discussion

Hi .

I am in the UK. I use LSS which is a DTM software. It's a yearly licence but great value. The help is second to none. Hope this helps. It is great with Leica systems and others such as Topcon and Trimble. It's a UK based company but it is used worldwide. Have a look at the website [email protected]

Liscad 
Microstation or Autocad

I enthusiastically agree with the Moreira answer. Predicated upon what i write later, I lean towards the MicroStation side more than on the AutoDesk. For many years I used MicroStation and its predessesor, Intergraph, for all kinds of plots, formally topographic or illustrative to projects of a different nature. However, I'm not sure if MicroS is still as powerful and flexible as it was when it was delivered with the option of creating user commands using the original Intergraft Design Language. If that is not the case, i.e. Bentley has decided not to continue offering that capability, I certainly would not be so sure of its advantages over AutoDesk. I hope my remarks are clear. Regards for all the readers.

Albert

autocad civil 3d....

I use Terramodel. Although updating it has been discontinued by Trimble, the last version (10.61) is available and can be used free. The Survey Data Collector module is free. The free module won't do contours I don't think though.

(Download and copy the Terramodel 10.6 version to a USB stick to install it. Then, go and find the free 10.61 update by searching for that on Google. If you can't find these let me know and I'll setup a location for them.)

Terramodel is very simple and provides a great CAD platform as well. Printing is only available with a purchased copy.

This can be downloaded from Geocomp, a company in Australia which has taken up the torch and provides support and some updates to Terramodel. I recommend them if you want to get a paid package.

For 4 years I used an older version of Liscad. It was pretty simple but did the job of everything I needed it to do. Since changing employer I'm now using a programme called LSS. I think it's fairly similar but still getting to grips with using it. Their producer (McCarthy & Taylor) are ever so useful with any questions you may have and supply you with loads of tutorial videos - Once you find the right one you are looking for, are very useful.

RSS

Where Thousands of Professional Land Surveyors, Students of Surveying and Educators are United through Collaborative Knowledge and Purpose.

Tools,Apps and Quick Guides

Surveyor Community Hubs For World Regions

Surveying Hubs For US States

Social Support For Equipment

Surveying Photos by Tag

Surveying Videos by Tag

+LandSurveyorsUnitedon Google+

Survey Earth in a Day 7

Surveyor Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

© 2018   © Created by Land Surveyors United   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact LSU  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service