Show us why the public should always call a land surveyor

Where are you surveying?

🌐 Show Forums for All Locations
Land Surveyor Community

Land Surveyor

I'm interested what software do you use for making topographical plans? Something similar like this:

http://www.midlandsurvey.co.uk/images/examples/TOPOGRAPHICAL-WOOD-LAND-EXAMPLE-WORCESTERSHIRE.pdf

I currently use software build on autodesk, but I would like to try some alternatives. Thanks for sharing.

You need to be a member of Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community to add thoughts!

Join Land Surveyors United - Global Surveying Community

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Land Surveyor
    For 4 years I used an older version of Liscad. It was pretty simple but did the job of everything I needed it to do. Since changing employer I'm now using a programme called LSS. I think it's fairly similar but still getting to grips with using it. Their producer (McCarthy & Taylor) are ever so useful with any questions you may have and supply you with loads of tutorial videos - Once you find the right one you are looking for, are very useful.
  • Land Surveyor

I use Terramodel. Although updating it has been discontinued by Trimble, the last version (10.61) is available and can be used free. The Survey Data Collector module is free. The free module won't do contours I don't think though.

(Download and copy the Terramodel 10.6 version to a USB stick to install it. Then, go and find the free 10.61 update by searching for that on Google. If you can't find these let me know and I'll setup a location for them.)

Terramodel is very simple and provides a great CAD platform as well. Printing is only available with a purchased copy.

This can be downloaded from Geocomp, a company in Australia which has taken up the torch and provides support and some updates to Terramodel. I recommend them if you want to get a paid package.

Free software from Geocomp Systems
    Free software and resources from Geocomp software
  • Land Surveyor

autocad civil 3d....

• Land Surveyor

Liscad 
    Microstation or Autocad

• I enthusiastically agree with the Moreira answer. Predicated upon what i write later, I lean towards the MicroStation side more than on the AutoDesk. For many years I used MicroStation and its predessesor, Intergraph, for all kinds of plots, formally topographic or illustrative to projects of a different nature. However, I'm not sure if MicroS is still as powerful and flexible as it was when it was delivered with the option of creating user commands using the original Intergraft Design Language. If that is not the case, i.e. Bentley has decided not to continue offering that capability, I certainly would not be so sure of its advantages over AutoDesk. I hope my remarks are clear. Regards for all the readers.

Albert

• Land Surveyor

Dear Survenator, There are many software's which can handle these, Now a days there are built in software's by the total station Manufacturers which is given free of cost along with the purchase of total stations, Just in case you do not have it then you can try 1. Autodesk Civil 3d (You can install trial version) 2. EsurveyCad - Which is user friendly and also support team is always there to help you. Please loin to "www.esurveycad.net" for more details. These are the best known to me, you can google for more options . If you want only the points to be plotted then it can be done through excel also, In case you require this option, please email me for further needs.

Regards A Murali babu

• Hi .

I am in the UK. I use LSS which is a DTM software. It's a yearly licence but great value. The help is second to none. Hope this helps. It is great with Leica systems and others such as Topcon and Trimble. It's a UK based company but it is used worldwide. Have a look at the website [email protected]

• We used to use Magnet Office, it's not to bad but can be a bit clunky.

We've just moved to N4CE, it's a cracking bit of survey software.
  • Land Surveyor

Model Maker

This reply was deleted.

Answer As your Facebook Page

Global Surveyor Forum

Latest Discussions by Category

How to Utilize Surveyor Forums

How to use Forums
Our forums on Land Surveyors United are here to be used as much for finding help with problems in the field as the are for you to express your opinions on anything that has to do with land surveying in general. Feel free to share anything that is on your mind, as long as it isn't meant to damage another member's reputation. Please keep it clean and help insure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of being part of a community that grows together.

We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for all of our members, and that includes maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. We get posts from all over the country and even the globe, so needless to say, people come with different viewpoints on lad surveying practices and processes. We see this diversity and variety as a real strength-- dialogue and debate are an integral part of the educational process, as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues.

All Community Hubs inside the community have their own forum for asking specific questions to other surveyors, by location, equipment type, etc.

Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives

Global Forums

Add Your Expertise

🌐 Explore Forums Based on Location

Blog Topics by Tags

Monthly Archives